So someone is turning 50! Whether it is you or someone you know it is time to look for the best happy 50th birthday quotes, wishes and sayings! Well, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve scoured the internet for the best quotes and this list includes funny 50th birthday quotes, quotes for 50th birthday cake, inspirational quotes for 50th birthdays, 50th birthday sayings, funny turning 50 sayings, and 50th birthday slogan.
Whether it’s your own birthday or a friend’s, these inspirational 50th birthday quotes can help, especially if you’re at loss for words. You can also use our images for turning 50 quotes.
Jump ahead to the category you like best or scroll through to find the best quote for 50th birthday or 50th birthday message.
50th Birthday Quotes
Here are a few of our favorite 50th birthday quotes.
- “As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.” — Norman Wisdom
- “I think when the full horror of being fifty hits you, you should stay home and have a good cry.” – Alan Bleasdale
- “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
- “The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” – T. S. Eliot
- “To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.” — Bernard Baruch
- “Fifty is the youth of old age.” – Victor Hugo
- “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.” – Tom Wilson
- “Looking fifty is great – if you’re sixty” Joan Rivers
- “Everything I know I learned after I was 30.” — Georges Clemenceau
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” — Satchel Paige
- “May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true.” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.” — M. Rivers
- “One of the shocks of a 50th birthday is realizing the fundamental fact that your youth is irrevocably over.” — Marianne Williamson
- “Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.” — Bob Hope
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
- “Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.” — Cora Harvey Armstrong
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.” — Ausonius
- “When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” — Cherokee proverb
- “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” — Sammy Hagar
Funny 50th Birthday Quotes
Check out these funny 50th birthday quotes. If you like funny quotes and sayings, you should also check out our lists of Funny Birthday Quotes, Funny Good Morning Quotes, Funny Love Quotes, Funny Work Quotes, Funny Quotes of the Day, Funny Quotes About Life and Funny Inspirational Quotes
- “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.” – Mark Twain
- “As men get older, the toys get more expensive.” – Marvin Davis
- “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” — Woody Allen
- “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” – Helen Hayes
- “The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Nature gives you the face you have at 20, but it’s up to you to merit the face you have at 50.” — Coco Chanel
- “Please don’t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them.” — Anna Magnani
- “There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents, and only one for birthday presents, you know.” — Lewis Carroll
- “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” – Kitty Collins
- “I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard and I realize it’s me.” – Dave Allen
- “A man has reached middle age when he’s warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police.” – Henry Youngman
- “You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.” – Ogden Nash
- “Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don’t recognize you.” — Bennett Cerf
- “I think all this talk about age is foolish. Every time I’m one year older, everyone else is too.” — Gloria Swanson
- “Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time.” — Douglas Coupland
- “Why party like it is 1999 when you can party like it is your birthday?” — Prince
- “I intend to live forever. So far, so good.” — Steven Wright
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” — Larry Lorenzoni
Short Turning 50 Quotes
You will love these short turning 50 quotes. Then check out our list of Best Short Quotes for more.
- “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.” – Germaine Greer
- “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.” — Fred Astaire
- “My life is better with every year of living it.” — Rachel Maddow
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” — Shirley Bassey
- “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” — Aretha Franklin
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
- “The way I see it, you should live every day like it’s your birthday.” — Paris Hilton
- “A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” — Amit Kalantri
- “Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.” — Lucy Larcom
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” — Charles Schulz
- “There is still no cure for the common birthday.” — John Glenn
- “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” — Brigitte Bardot
- “To me a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives.” – Meena Bajaj
- “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” — John Mason
- “Last year my birthday cake looked like a prairie fire.” – Rodney Dangerfield
- “We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves.” — Bernard Baruch
- “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” — Dr. Seuss
- “Celebrate your journey of life.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art.” — Garson
- “Go, go, go, go go, go, go, shawty. It’s your birthday. We gon’ party like it’s yo birthday.” — 50 Cent
50th Birthday Quotes for a Friend
- “The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” – Betty White
- “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there is nothing you can do about it.” — Golda Meir
- “May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.” – Irish blessing
- “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
- “When a man has a birthday, he takes a day off. When a woman has a birthday, she takes at least three years off.” – Joan Rivers
- “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” — Robert Frost
- “Life seems to fade our memory, so on this birthday I will forget yours if you forget mine!” – Kate Summers
- “Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.” — John Glenn
- “Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Men are like wine: some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” — Pope John XXIII
- “You’ve heard of the three ages of man—youth, age, and “you are looking wonderful.” — Francis Cardinal Spellman
- “The first hundred years are the hardest.” — Wilson Mizner
- “Live long and prosper.” — Mr. Spock
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
- “Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” — Tom Stoppard
- “Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own.” — J. P. Sears
- “Live not one’s life as though one had a thousand years, but live each day as the last.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed.” – Anthony Powell
- “They say it’s your birthday. We’re gonna have a good time. I’m glad it’s your birthday. Happy birthday to you.” – The Beatles
Deep and Meaningful 50th Birthday Quotes
- “A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you, is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life.” — Wilfred Peterson
- “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” — Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.” — Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Each new year of life added to your past, changing the way you viewed every new day, influencing how you reacted to everything from the simplest daily routines to complex events touching you, your family, and the world you lived in.” — Paul Snyder
- “Don’t regret another birthday, the good news is that you are alive and can celebrate it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “In other words, live vicariously, beautifully, and excitingly, discover, love, dare and act as there is nothing to lose.” — Andy Hertz
- “You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized. It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Youth has no age.” — Pablo Picasso
- “Birthdays are inevitable, beautiful and very particular moments in our lives! Moments that bring precious memories back, celebrate the present times and give hope for the future.” — Babe Arish
- “From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye.” — William Butler Yeats
- “To know how to grow old is the masterwork of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” — Lauren Hutton
- “No wise man ever wished to be younger.” — Jonathan Swift
- “No great thing is created suddenly.” – Epictetus
- “There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.” – George Santayana
- “If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes.” – Euripides
- “Each ten years of a man’s life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires.” — Goethe
- “I wish people would stop talking about my birthday.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I was brought up to respect my elders, so now I don’t have to respect anybody.” — George Burns
Inspirational Quotes for 50th Birthdays
If you like these inspirational quotes for 50th birthdays, you should also head to our lists of Short Inspirational Quotes, Inspirational Morning Quotes, Inspirational Quotes for Today, Funny Inspirational Quotes and Inspirational Quotes for Work.
- “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” — Abhishek Bachchan
- “A child whose birthday is coming up is so excited, they count down the days. But as we get older we seem to lose the excitement. We need to rethink and be happy we have reached another birthday.” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flies as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy!” – Kate Summers
- “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” — Madeleine L’Engle
- “Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.” — Plautus
- “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.” — Robert Rivers
- “I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy.” – A. Singla
- “We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.” – Erma Bombeck
- “The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.” — H. V. Prochnow
- “Old age deprives the intelligent man only of qualities useless to wisdom.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – George Meredith
- “A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year.” —Byron Pulsifer
- “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen.” — Robert Staughton Lynd
- “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” — Satchel Paige
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
- “Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age.” — Booth Tarkington
- “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wings of time.” – Jean Paul Richter
- “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
50th Birthday Cake Quotes
What’s a birthday without cake? Enjoy these quotes for 50th birthday cake.
- “If eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right.” — Lorelai Gilmore
- “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Birthdays are a great time to stop and appreciate gravity. Sure, it makes things sag as you get older, but it also keeps your cake from flying all over the room, so you don’t have to chase it.” – Greg Tamblyn
- “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
- “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
- “Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?” – Bobby Kelton
- “Put candles in a cake, it’s a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, and somebody’s drunk in the kitchen.” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Cake, cake, cake, cake.” — Rihanna, “Birthday Cake”
- “You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’” — Jerry Seinfeld
- “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.” – Boris Johnson
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” — Edward Morykwas
- “I like birthday cake. It’s so symbolic. It’s a tempting symbol to load with something more complicated than just ‘Happy birthday!’ because it’s this emblem of childhood and a happy day.” — Aimee Bender
- “Let them eat cake.” — Marie Antoinette
- “When the candles on your cake burn down before they are all lit you know you are getting up there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” — Buddy Valastro
- “For me, the end of childhood came when the number of candles on my birthday cake no longer reflected my age, around 19 or 20. From then on, each candle came to represent an entire decade.” — Yotam Ottolenghi
Happy 50th Birthday Cake Wishes
Not sure what to write on the cake? We’ve got you covered with these happy birthday cake wishes and birthday cake messages that are perfect for that 50 milestone.
- Congrats on making it another year. You’re 50!
- Don’t let your age get you down… It’s hard to get back up, Happy 50th Birthday.
- It’s the big 5-0
- Happy 50th birthday, Don’t grow up too fast.
- You made the Big 5-0.
- Cheers to your 50th birthday.
- XOXO, Happy 50th Birthday.
- Today is about you, Happy 50th Birthday.
- 50?! You?! I demand a recount! Happy Birthday!
- It’s your big birthday day, Celebrate 50.
- Congrats on getting old, Happy Birthday.
- Another year older, another year wiser, Happy Birthday.
- Happy Birthday Old Man/Woman.
- Who knew 50 could look this good.
- Older is always better, Happy 50th birthday.
- Happy 30th anniversary to your 20th birthday.
- Happy 50th birthday, Who’s counting anyway?
- Funny, Foxy And Fifty.
- Happy 50th birthday, You’re still way younger than 60.
- Welcome to the new frontier, Happy 50th birthday.
- 50 years, 50 birthdays. Now that is old!
- Fab at fifty, that’s you. Happy birthday.
- 50 is Five Perfect Tens, Happy Birthday.
- 50 years, 50 cheers to you, Happy birthday.
- Still looking nifty at fifty
- Fifty and Fabulous.
- Half Way to Hundred.
- You are not Old – You are Vintage at 50.
Happy 50th Birthday Wishes
- “May you be gifted with life’s biggest joys and never-ending bliss. After all, you yourself are a gift to earth, so you deserve the best. Happy birthday.”
- “Your birthday is the first day of another 365-day journey. Be the shining thread in the beautiful tapestry of the world to make this year the best ever. Enjoy the ride.”
- “You’re older today than yesterday but younger than tomorrow, wishing you a happy 50th birthday!”
- “A wish for you on your birthday, whatever you ask may you receive, whatever you seek may you find, whatever you wish may it be fulfilled on your birthday and always. Happy birthday!”
- “Happy Birthday! You know, you don’t look that old. But then, you don’t look that young, either.”
- “Just wanted to be the first one to wish you happy birthday so I can feel superior to your other well-wishers. So, happy birthday!”
- Congratulations on your 50th birthday! Your presence has changed our lives for the better. Wishing you many happy returns on this milestone birthday! Have a great day!
- “Happy Birthday! May the next half-century of your life be as wonderful as the first half.”
- “They say 50 is the new 40. However, it should be noted that they often lie. Happy Birthday!”
- “Happy 50th Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day and an amazing year.”
- “Congratulations on reaching this incredible journey to 50. Wishing you many good things for the years ahead.”
- “Wishing you a happy 50th birthday! Take today to enjoy the finer things in life.”
- “We hope your 50th birthday celebration is amazing and kicks off an incredible year!”
- “Wishing you a fun-filled, fancy fifth on this fabulous day!”
- “Sincerely wishing you life’s finest things at 50.”
50th Birthday Messages
Check out these 50th birthday messages.
- Wishing you a fun-filled fabulous 50th!
- May the next 50 be even better than the first.
- Hope your 50th celebration rocks—and kicks off and incredible year!
- Here’s to 50 years of incredible you…and an incredible 50 more!
- Wishing you life’s finest things at 50.
- Celebrating 50 years might take a while. Let’s get started!
- May you wish on every candle and may all 50 of them come true.
- Hope your 50th is just the beginning of amazing things to come.
- Happy 50th Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful celebration and an amazing year.
- 50 cheers to 50 years. Let the party begin!
- Let’s see…50 in dog years would make you…famous! For being the oldest dog EVER.
- Turning 50 may be mandatory, but growing up is optional. Happy Birthday, kiddo!
- Fifty never looked so good as it does on my best friend!
- Buy the sports car, get the tattoo, take a trip, learn something new. Let the midlife crisis ADVENTURE begin!
- If getting older means getting better…you’re approaching perfection!
- You only turn 50 once. Make the hangover worth it!
- Fifty is the new “Who cares?” Relax, enjoy and have fun!
- Don’t think of it as 50. Think of it as 21 with 29 years of experience.
Greetings for 50th Birthday
Check out these 50th birthday greetings!
- You have accomplished so much these past 5 decades and so many more opportunities as headed your way.
- Look forward to all that this next decade has to hold.
- Take a deep breath and step on through. This is your new chapter.
- At least you’re not as old as you will be next year.
- A wish for you on your birthday, whatever you ask may you receive, whatever you seek may you find, whatever you wish may it be fulfilled on your birthday and always. Happy birthday!
- Don’t get all weird about getting older! Our age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying us!
- Time to start crossing things off that bucket list.
- See age as the gift that it is and you will always be grateful on your birthday.
50th Birthday Sayings
Here are a few of our favorite 50th birthday sayings.
- “Life’s milestones are not supposed to be counted, they’re supposed to be celebrated.”
- “Forget the past. Look forward to the future. For the best things are yet to come.”
- “Take a deep breath and step on through. This is your new chapter.”
- “The older you get, the older I feel. So please stop getting older.”
- “At least you’re not as old as you will be next year.”
- “May your makeup conceal your wrinkles, and may your hair dye not fade.”
- “You don’t look a day over 49!”
- “It’s great to have a friend to grow old with… glad you’re first.”
- “Who said you’re done living life at 50? It’s merely just begun.”
- “There is still so much life to be lived at the ripe age of 50.”
- “The candles on your cake remind me of the encouraging light you shine on all those around you.”
- “Today, you’re a little more beautiful, smart, witty, and awesome. You happen to be a little older, too.”
- “50 never looked so good!”
- “Sure, your 40s are over. Good riddance, I say. The 50s are going to be so much better…in every way.”
- “Turning 50 is not the end of your story. It’s a fresh start.”
Funny Turning 50 Sayings
If you like these funny 50th birthday sayings, you might also want to check out our full list of Funny Sayings.
- “Wrinkles are tally marks of our birthdays. Here’s to another one!”
- “I hate to call you the F word, but… you’re fifty!
- “You’re just as good looking as two 25-year-olds.”
- “They say 50 is the new 40. However, it should be noted that they often lie.”
- “No one holds a candle to you, especially on your birthday. You already have enough candles on your cake as it is.”
- “The first 50 years of childhood are always the hardest.”
- “Welcome to 50, an age when you’re still young at heart, but other body parts are starting to falter.”
- “No matter how hard it is to get out of bed, let 50 be the year you conquer it all.”
- “50 is when your body gives your brain a list of things it’s not going to do anymore.”
- “50 and Fabulous!”
- “Strive to be a 50 year old that makes people go, ‘I wanna be like that when I turn fifty’.”
- “Don’t worry, I’ll still tell people you’re 49.”
50th Birthday Slogans
You’ll love these funny 50th birthday slogans and turning 50 slogans.
- 50 is the new 40! Cheers to you!
- Welcome to the golden age! Happy 50th birthday!
- Party 50 times! Happy birthday!
- You’re a teen in a 50-year-old body. Happy birthday!
- It’s not the age, it’s the face! Happy birthday on your 50th year!
- Making 50 look good!
- Be proud of your wrinkles! That’s 50 years of knowledge!
- 50 years old is just 10 years old times 5.
- You’re 50 times more incredible today!
- 50 years old! You’re at the perfect age!
- 50 is the start of something new!
- 50 years old ain’t bad at all!
- Age is just something you write on a form. Happy 50th birthday!
- You’re actually only 40—with interest!
- You’re fiftylicious!
50th Birthday Captions
- Be good to me, 50.
- Chapter 50, Page 1.
- Cheers and beers to 50 years.
- Lap 50 around the sun…
- Officially 50, but still mentally about five.
- I don’t care how old I’m turning, so long as there’s cake.
- Cheers to good friends, good vibes, and another 50 years.
- After today, I’m celebrating my birthday in dog years.
- Cheers and beers to 50 years.
- Woke up a little older… but not wiser.
- Don’t wanna be sappy so… let’s just say 50 is already one for the books.
- I think 50 looks good on me.
- I can’t keep calm, it’s my birthday.
So that’s our list! Hopefully we were able to help you find the best 50th birthday quote or 50th birthday saying you were looking for.
You might also like our list of 40th Birthday Quotes.
Now get out there and celebrate 50!
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have a favorite 50th birthday message or quote for your 50th we missed.
Other Quotes You Might Be Interested In: