Our site includes affiliate links to products we recommend. If you use one to make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
For many fishing is a way of life and what they always look forward to. Or maybe this is your first time out and you just caught your first fish. Either way, maybe you have an amazing fishing picture that you want to share. Well, this list of the best fishing captions should provide the perfect one for you to use. It includes fishing Instagram captions, funny fishing captions, cute captions about fishing, fish captions, short captions for fishing, fishing life captions, fish puns, and short fishing quotes for Instagram captions.
Jump ahead to your favourite category or just start scrolling to find the perfect fish caption for you.
These are some of our favourite captions about fishing.
- Cast away your troubles
2. The best days are spent fishing
3. Rise and shine it’s fishing time
4. I’d rather be fishing
5. Fishing life
6. Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies
7. There’s always time for one more cast
8. Lost fishing, don’t try to find me
9. The fishing was good. It was the catching that was bad.
10. What happens on the fishing trip stays on the fishing trip
11. Stress is caused by not enough fishing!
12. I’m a reel expert. I can tackle anything.
Fishing Instagram Captions
If you are looking for fishing captions for Instagram this is the section for you. Your followers will love these Instagram fishing captions on your next post.
13. There is no limit to how many times you can go fishing
14. You say I`m a compulsive fishing freak like it’s a bad thing
15. There are two types of fisherman – those who fish for sport and those who fish for fish
16. Gone fishin’, be back at dark-thirty!
17. That’s about as big as a fish that big gets
18. A day without fishing is like a day without sunshine
19. Always think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets
20. Fish stories told here…. some true!
21. Fishing is fun…catching is better
22. I don’t exaggerate…I just remember big!
23. I fish because the voice in my head tells me to
Funny Fishing Captions
Or maybe you are looking for funny fishing captions for Instagram. Adding a little humour is always a good way to go. You should also check out our list of Funny Captions.
24. I can’t work today, my arm is in a cast
25. To fish or not to fish? That’s a dumb question.
26. I spent most of my money on fishing. The rest I wasted.
27. Fishing is the sport of drowning worms
28. Fish tremble before me
29. The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t
30. It’s not how you deep you fish, it’s how you wiggle your worm
31. Sorry, I wasn’t listening. I was thinking about fishing.
32. A man’s one last cast is like a woman’s ‘I’ll be five minutes.’
33. Ghost-fish Killah
34. Trust me, I’m a sturgeon
35. This crab is so good I’m gonna be shellfish and not share a bite.
36. We’re hake-ing in the dough!
37. Frosty fishing
38. Holy carp!
39. You’ve cod to be kidding me.
40. Party like a lob-star.
41. She’s a jackfish of all trades.
42. You can see the Northern Lights in the Arctic Char!
43. Is she having a boy or a gill?
Cute Fishing Captions
We love these cute fishing captions and think that you will too. Check out our list of Cute Captions.
44. I fish you were here
45. You caught me!
46. Reel girls fish
47. If I am fishing I’m happy
48. I’m hooked on you!
49. That’s a moray!
50. She’s a damselfish in distress.
51. Rise and shine, it’s fishing time!
52. Keeping it reel
53. I’m trying my best, but I keep floundering!
54. Drop a line, stay awhile
55. Don’t be koi
56. If I’m not fishing I’m thinking about it
57. Rise and shine it’s fishing time
58. Hooked on you
If you want fish captions this list is the best of the captions about fish out there.
59. Fish on
60. Happiness is a big fish
61. The fish are calling and I must go
62. Can’t talk, got a fish on the other line
63. Girls fish too
64. Keep calm and fish on
65. May the fish be with you!
66. I fish knowing every moment on a river is a gift
67. This fish had my name on it
68. Happiness is a big fish (and a witness)
69. You know fish is great brain food – maybe you should fish for a whale!
Short Fish Captions
Sometimes short and sweet is the way to go and these short fish captions say it all in just a couple words. You might also like our list of Short Captions.
71. Drop a line, stay awhile
72. Born to fish
73. Wishing I was fishing
74. That’s crayfish
75. Fishing life
76. Solid goldfish
77. Pipefish down!
78. Never trout yourself
79. Life is simple, just add water
80. Paradise – fishing at sunset
81. If I am fishing I’m happy
82. Hooked on fishing
83. Gone fishing
Fishing Life Captions
If you are someone who feels that fishing is a way of life then this list is for you.
84. I don’t fish to escape my life. I fish to live my life.
85. Fishing is not just a sport; it’s a way of life
86. Water is the most essential element of life because, without water, you cannot go fishing
87. Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from fishing
88. Some people wait an entire lifetime for the perfect fishing buddy. I’m raising mine.
89. If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles
90. Life is like a game, but fishing is serious
91. Some people will just never understand us, fishing isn’t just a pastime or a sport, it’s a way of life
Check out our list of Perfect Fall Captions for when you are are fishing in the autumn.
Clever Captions for Fishing
A few more clever captions for fishing for any occasion. If you like these head to our list of Clever Captions.
92. You could say that I’m hooked on fishing
93. You can’t buy happiness, buy you can buy a fishing pole and that’s pretty much the same thing
94. There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot
95. The best days are spent fishing
96. Procrastifishing – the art of going fishing when you should really be doing something else
97. Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught
98. Good things come to those who bait
99. Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up
100. Do you catch my meaning?
101. Cast away your troubles
102. Stress is caused by not fishing enough
103. Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God
104. Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s job is simple: Pick out the best parts.
105. If I’m not fishing I’m thinking about it
106. I’d rather be fishing
107. I think I need to scale back
108. Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it
109. A bad day can be made better with some fishing time
110. Those who die with the most days fishing, wins
111. I got a fishing rod for my wife – good trade
112. I’m a man of few words, “Let’s fish.”
Pun-ny Captions About Fishing
If you are a fan of puns this list will tickle your funny bone.
113. Good things come to those who bait
114. ‘Carpe Diem,’ does not mean ‘fish of the day’
115. You daft cowfish
116. We love fishing for the halibut!
117. To the Batfish Mobile!
118. To celebrate Pride we serve Rainbow Trout
119. This is shrimp-ly awesome!
120. Taking a nap in my haddock
121. Another day at the of-fish
122. And the bandfish played on
123. Stop clownfish-ing around!
124. Let minnow if you wanna get sushi tonight
125. If you wanna sashimi, you need to ask me out
126. I’ll huff and I’ll puffer and I’ll blow your house down
127. I’ll be tuna-ing in tonight for my favorite show
128. What’s this all aboat?
129. I love you! Let’s cuttlefish!
130. I love shopping on Grouper-on
131. I got a bonytail
132. He’s the kingfish of the forest
133. He’s so swordfish-ticated
134. Guppy Love
135. Are you for reel?
136. Are you squid-ing?
Fishing on a Boat Captions
137. We’re gonna need a bigger boat
138. You can’t be crabby when you’re fishing on a boat
139. Paradise: Lake. Boat. Fishing rod.
140. A man and his boat do not need to be justified
141. What happens on the fishing boat stays on the fishing boat
142. Nothing like the freedom on being on the lake fishing
143. I’m lost on the lake fishing, don’t bother me
144. I’m either just floating or I’m looking for the catch of the day
145. Lake rules: Sleep in. Read. Nature. Memories. Relax. Fish. Enjoy each moment.
146. Boat, sunset, fish, perfect
Fishing in the Early Morning Captions
147. The earlier the better
148. The early fisherman catches the fish
149. Loving the morning sun
150. Another day, another sunrise, another fish
151. Head out before the sunrise
151. If you’re gonna rise you might as well fish
152. Silhouetted in the sunrise
153. Alone with only the rising sun and my fishing rod
154. Its fish o’clock
155. Good Morning! Making it a great fishing day
156. Today is a good day to fish
157. Rose with the sun and got fishing
Happy Captions on Fishing
If you like happy captions check out our list of Short Happy Quotes and Captions.
158. In my happy place
159. Reliving my happy fishing memories
160. Big Fish = Happy Day
161. Lost fishing and happy about it
162. Happiness is catching
163. A fishing life is a happy life
164. Happiness is a big fish
165. Heading to my happy place
Short Fishing Quotes for Instagram
A short fishing quote for Instagram can work well for the caption for your next post about your amazing day fishing. Sometimes other people say it best of all. These are our favourites from our list of the Best Fishing Quotes.
“If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.” Sparse Grey Hackle
“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.” Zane Grey
“Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.” Harry Middleton
“I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.” Joseph Monniger
“Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.” Paul Schullery
“The best time to go fishing is when you can get away.” Robert Traver
“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” A.K. Best
“No life is so happy and so pleasant as the life of the well-govern’d angler.” Izaak Walton
“I don’t want to sit at the head table anymore. I want to go fishing.” George Bush
“The fish is not so much your quarry as your partner.” Arnold Gingrich
“I like to fish. Fishing is always a way of relaxing.” Tom Felton
“Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up.” – Arnold Gringrich
“I only make movies to finance my fishing.” Lee Marvin
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.” Roderick Haig Brown
“Sharing the fun of fishing turns strangers into friends in a few hours.” – Eugene Clark
“It doesn’t matter if the rod is or isn’t bent. Time spent fishing is time well spent.” – James Morgan
“Life and fishing are very similar, you never know what’s at the end of the line.” – David Humphries
“Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.” – David Middleton
“I like fishing. Not actual fishing – I like the peace and quiet of being at sea. It’s different.” – Rafael Nadal
Funny Fishing Quotes for Captions
If you prefer your fishing quotes with some humor check out our list of Funny Fishing Quotes for more.
“All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.” – Harold F. Blaisdell
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” Doug Larson
“Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary.” – Patrick McManus
“The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t.” – Patrick F. McManus
“Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God.” – Tony Blake
“I do fish. I think there is a connection between thinking and fishing mostly because you spend a lot of time up to your waist in water without a whole lot to keep your mind busy.” – Anthony Doerr
“Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in old clothes.” – Don Marquis
“You must lose a fly to catch a trout.” – George Herbert
“My biggest worry is that when I’m dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.” – Koos Brandt
“I don’t exaggerate – I just remember big.” – Chi Chi Rodriguez
“I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.” – William Tapply
“I am not against golf, since I cannot suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout.” – Paul O’Neil
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” Henry David Thoreau.
Hope you found the perfect fish caption for your next Instagram post.
Now get out there and get fishing!
Let us know in the comments below if we missed any that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: