March is all about winter ending and spring starting, with St. Patrick’s Day and March Madness thrown in for good measure. If you are looking for March quotes, sayings and captions you have come to the right place. We have gathered all the best quotes about March into one place including ones that are funny, short and about spring and flowers.
So pick one of these hello March quotes or March month quotes to help celebrate that feeling when the cold and dark are leaving and its time for growth and bright colors.
So if you are looking for a positive quotes for March for inspiration or just something to describe how spring has sprung you should find what you are looking for here.
We have paired some of our welcome March quotes with our favorite March pics.
If you like quotes about different months, check out our lists of January Quotes, February Quotes, April Quotes, May Quotes, June Quotes, July Quotes, August Quotes, September Quotes, October Quotes, November Quotes and December Quotes.
Scroll on through or jump ahead to find your favorite March sayings.
Here are our favorite March quotes.
- “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ― Charles Dickens
2. “March came in that winter like the meekest and mildest of lambs, bringing days that were crisp and golden and tingling, each followed by a frosty pink twilight which gradually lost itself in an elfland of moonshine.” ― L.M. Montgomery
3. “By March, the worst of the winter would be over. The snow would thaw, the rivers begin to run and the world would wake into itself again.” ―Neil Gaiman
4. “In March the soft rains continued, and each storm waited courteously until its predecessor sunk beneath the ground.” ― John Steinbeck
5. “The stormy March has come at last, With winds and clouds and changing skies; I hear the rushing of the blast That through the snowy valley flies.” ― William C. Bryant
6. “It was March. The days of March creeping gustily on like something that man couldn’t hinder and God wouldn’t hurry.” ―Enid Bagnold
Hello March Quotes and Sayings
If you are looking for Hello March quotes and sayings, this section is perfect for when you want to greet March.
7. Hello, March! Surprise me.
8. Goodbye February, Hello March.
9. Bye February, thanks for the memories. Hi March, I look forward to making new ones
10. New month, a new beginning, new mindset, new focus, new start, new intentions, new results.
11. Hello, flowers. Hello, sun. Hello, March!
12. Hello March! Be Good To Me!
13. Well, hello there March
14. Hello March. Please Be Awesome!
15. Keep Calm And Hello February!
16. Welcome March, one day at a time
17. Hello March! Bring love & happiness in our lives.
18. Hello March to everyone
Welcome March Quotes and Sayings
Here are some great welcome to the month of March quotes and sayings.
19. Keep calm and welcome March.
20. Welcome March!
21. Welcoming the month of March
22. Welcome March! Nice to see you!
23. Welcome March. I’m ready for spring!
24. “Winds of March, we welcome you, there is work for you to do. Work and play and blow all day, blow the winter wind away.”
25. “Now when the primrose makes a splendid show, And lilies face the March-winds in full blow, And humbler growths as moved with one desire; Put on, to welcome spring, their best attire…” ― William Wordsworth
26. “To welcome her the Spring breath’s forth Elysian sweets; March strews the Earth With violets and posies.” ― Edmund Waller
Happy March Quotes
For everyone who is happy to see March roll around, these happy March quotes and sayings are for you. You might also like our list of Short Happy Quotes.
27. Happy 1st Day Of March
28. Happy March: May you see spring all around you
29. Happy March! Spring is coming!
30. I love that I live in a world where there are Marches
31. Happy March – with better weather and better days ahead
32. Happy March! May the luck of the Irish be with you all month long!
33. Happy March! May the warmer and longer days ahead fill you with joy!
34. May you have a magnificent March and stupendous spring!
35. Happy March! Let’s hope we can say goodbye to Winter soon!
36. Since it’s still cold outside, I thought I’d send you my warmest wishes for a Happy March
37. Happy March! Rumor has it Spring is on the way.
38. Happy March, everyone! Is it safe to emerge from hibernation yet?
39. Against all odds, it appears I will survive another Winter. Happy March, everyone.
Inspirational Quotes for March
Here is the section for March inspirational quotes. Find your favorite March motivational quotes to help you get through to spring. If you like inspirational quotes check out our lists of Short Inspirational Quotes, Inspirational Morning Quotes, Inspirational Quotes for Today, Funny Inspirational Quotes and Inspirational Quotes for Work.
40. “Our life is March weather, savage and serene in one hour. We go forth austere, dedicated, believing in the iron links of Destiny, and will not turn on our heel to save our life: but a book, or a bust, or only the sound of a name, shoots a spark through the nerves, and we suddenly believe in will…” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. “Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer.” – Anita Krizzan
42. “A windy March is lucky. Every pint of March dust brings a peck of September corn, and a pound of October cotton.” – Julia Peterkin
43. “Every cold and dark phase ends and hence begins a beautiful phase of warmth and vibrance. Don’t believe? Just notice March.” – Anamika Mishra
44. “An optimist is the human personification of spring.” – Susan J. Bissonette
45. “Hope sleeps in our bones like a bear waiting for spring to rise and walk.” – Marge Piercy
46. “There was a silver lining tucked into last weekend’s blizzard.” -Liz Krieger
47. “Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” – Robert H. Schuller
48. “The beautiful spring came, and when nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” – Harriet Ann Jacobs
Funny Quotes About March
These funny quotes about March will put a smile on your face. If you like funny quotes and sayings, you should also check out our lists of Funny Good Morning Quotes, Funny Love Quotes, Funny Work Quotes, Funny Quotes of the Day, and Funny Quotes About Life.
49. “Indoors or out, no one relaxes in March, that month of wind and taxes, the wind will presently disappear, the taxes last us all the year.” ― Ogden Nash
50. “A cloud comes over the sunlit arch, a wind comes off a frozen peak, and you’re two months back in the middle of March.” ― Robert Frost
51. “March is the month God created to show people who don’t drink what a hangover is like.” ― Garrison Keillor
52. “March is a month without mercy for rabid basketball fans. There is no such thing as a ‘gentleman gambler’ when the Big Dance rolls around. All sheep will be fleeced, all fools will be punished severely… There are no Rules when the deal goes down in the final weeks of March. Even your good friends will turn into monsters.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
53. “POOR MARCH. It is the HOMELIEST month of the year. Most of it is MUD, Every Imaginable Form of MUD, and what isn’t MUD in March is ugly late-season SNOW falling onto the ground in filthy muddy heaps that look like PILES of DIRTY LAUNDRY. “ ― Vivian Swift
54. “Spring is sooner recognized by plants than by men.” – Chinese Proverb
55. “How terrible a time is the beginning of March. In a month there will be daffodils and the sudden blossoming of orchards, but you wouldn’t know it now. You have to take spring on blind faith.” ―Beatriz Williams
56. “March is a tomboy with tousled hair, a mischievous smile, mud on her shoes and a laugh in her voice.” ― Hal Borland
Short March Quotes for Instagram
These short March quotes for Instagram are perfect for your next post and your followers will love them! If you like quotes that are short check out our list of the Best Short Quotes.
57. “March bustles in on windy feet, and sweeps my doorstep and my street.” ― Susan Reiner
58. “Only those with tenacity can march forward in March.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
59. “March brings breezes loud and shrill, stirs the dancing daffodil.” ― Sara Coleridge
60. “March is here. It reminds me of sports day at school, 3rd March, full day on the field. “ ― Faraz
61. “Match the right things in March.”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
62. “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.” ―English Proverb
63. “You are reborn with the roses, in every spring.” ― Juan Ramón Jiménez
64. “This is the perfume of March: rain, loam, feathers, mint.” ―Lisa Kleypas
65. “Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
66. “The first blooms of spring always make my heart sing.” – S. Brown
67. “March is an example of how beautiful new beginnings can be.” – Anamika Mishra
Quotes on March and Flowers
69. “March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers.” ― English Proverb
70. “March’s birth flower is the daffodil. It’s all too appropriate that cheerful yellow flowers represent the first month of spring.” ― FTD
71. “Where flowers bloom so does hope.” ― Lady Bird Johnson
72. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
73. “Flowers and colours everywhere, I am so glad that March is here.” – Anamika Mishra
74. “Look at the cherry blossoms! Their color and scent fall with them, Are gone forever, Yet mindless, The spring comes again” – Ikkyu
75. “If there were no, cherry blossoms, in this world, how much more tranquil our hearts would be in spring” – Ariwara no Narihira
76. “Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes.” -Maria Konopnicka
77. “Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” -Algernon Charles Swinburne
78. “Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil.” – Reginal Heber
79. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” -Sheryl Crow
80. “One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of March thaw, is the Spring.” – Aldo Leopold
81. “To welcome her the Spring breath’s forth Elysian sweets; March strews the Earth With violets and posies.” ― Edmund Waller
Spring Quotes About March
82. “In March winter is holding back and spring is pulling forward. Something holds and something pulls inside of us too.” ― Jean Hersey
83. “March is a month of considerable frustration it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country, the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity in our yards seems light-years away.” ― Thalassa Cruso
84. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!” ― Robin Williams
85. “Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of his instruments, not the composer.” ― Geoffrey Charlesworth
86. “Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.” ― Lewis Grizzard
87. “A light exists in Spring, not present in the year at any other period when March is scarcely here.” ― Emily Dickinson
88. “The promise of spring’s arrival is enough to get anyone through the bitter winter!” – Jen Selinsky
89. “A perfect spring day! Enjoy it while it lasts because you don’t know what’s coming.” ― Marty Rubin
90. “Spring work is going on with joyful enthusiasm.” – John Muir
91. “Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer.” – Geoffrey B. Charlesworth
92. “Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush.” – Doug Larson
93. “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
94. “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” — Virgil A. Kraft
95. “In those days, though, the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.” ― Ernest Hemingway
96. “Spring buds burst to bloom, and the river carries their song of life.” – Jayita Bhattacharjee
97. “Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment.” – Ellis Peters
98. “Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!” – Wallace Stevens
99. “The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size.” – Gertrude S. Wister
100. “Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes.” – Maria Konopnicka
Month of March Quotes
If you want March month quotes this section is for you. Scroll through and find your favorite quotes for the month of March.
101. “March, when days are getting long, Let thy growing hours be strong to set right some wintry wrong.” ― Caroline May
102. “Where did Gabriel get a lily, in the month of March, when the green is hardly seen on the early larch?” ― Grace James
103. “My father was often impatient during March, waiting for winter to end, the cold to ease, the sun to reappear. March was an unpredictable month when it was never clear what might happen. Warm days raised hopes until ice and grey skies shut over the town again.” ― Tracy Chevalier
104. “Despite March’s windy reputation, winter isn’t really blown away; it is washed away. It flows down all the hills, goes swirling down the valleys and spills out to sea. Like so many of this earth’s elements, winter itself is soluble in water… It is a wet world, winter’s harsh grip beginning to relax… An outcropping ledge on the hillside sheds its beard of icicles and becomes a seep spring that drips into a shallow pool that feeds a growing runlet.” ― The New York Times
105. “As through the poplar’s gusty spire, the March wind sweeps and sings, I sit beside the hollow fire, and dream familiar things; Old memories wake, faint echoes make a murmur of dead Springs… “ ― Chambers’s Journal of Popular Literature
106. “March is the month of expectation, the things we do not know, The persons of prognostication are coming now. We try to sham becoming firmness, But pompous joy betrays us, as his first betrothal betrays a boy.” ― Emily Dickinson
107. “I have said that there was great pleasure in watching the ways in which different plants come through the ground, and February and March are the months in which that can best be seen.” ― Henry N. Ellacombe
March Madness Quotes
For sports fans, March is all about March Madness.
108. “I like college football, but I’m a huge college basketball fan. I could sit and watch every game of March Madness and be happy. That could be a vacation.” ― Lewis Black
109. “March Madness is an incredible three weeks. I firmly believe it’s the greatest three weeks in sports. You have the Super Bowl; you have the World Series.” ― Dick Vitale
110. “March Madness (n.).” “What your wife gets when you pay more attention to ESPN and your brackets than her.” ― Unknown
111. “For sports fans, watching events like this weekend’s Super Bowl or the upcoming March Madness tournament in crystal clear HD is the next best thing to being in the front row.” ― Dave Watson
112. “Filling out the NCAA bracket for my office pool is the most work I’ve done since last March.” ― Unknown
113. “I hope your decisions in life aren’t as ill-conceived as your March Madness bracket.” ― Unknown
114. “I like college football, but I’m a huge college basketball fan. I could sit and watch every game of March Madness and be happy. That could be a vacation.” ― Lewis Black
115. “If we want football to be a sport that is no longer a sport, then use VAR on every incident. However, if we get to March, where every point becomes decisive, then games can last three or four hours.” ― Massimiliano Allegri
116. “March Madness brings April Sadness.” ― Unknown
St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
And what would March be without St. Patrick’s Day in the middle to make everyone a little more merry?
117. “Here’s to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one.” – Saint Patrick
118. “Yeah, it’s St. Paddy’s Day. Everyone’s Irish tonight.” – Norman Reedus
119. “Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, but if your name is Eisenhower, you’ve got to wear something green to show it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
120. “Here’s to good Irish friends – never above you, never below you, always beside you.” – Irish Toast
121. “St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration filled with folklore, fantasy, food, and fun. From shamrocks and leprechauns to green food and drink, this is a holiday for all ages.” – Hillbilly Housewife
122. “Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or not, everyone has a little luck o’ the Irish in them.” – Laura Sommers
123. “May everything turn green today, except your gills!” – Lester B. Dill
124. “St. Paddy’s Day is our celebration day for Ireland’s favorite saint who both saved us from the snakes, and gave us our own day to celebrate our Irish heritage.” – Paddy O’Furniture
125. “The Irish have gained a reputation over the centuries for being very warm, kind and hospitable people (though sometimes a bit too fond of the drink!). These characteristics are most in evidence at St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th every year, when people of Irish descent organize parades and parties.” -Shannon Farrell
February Quotes For Beginning of March Month
If you like quotes about the end of February check out our list of Perfect February Quotes.
126. “February makes a bridge and March breaks it.” – George Hebert
127. “February is short and very sweet.” – Charmaine J Forde
128. “Late February days; and now, at last, Might you have thought that winter’s woe was past. So fair the sky was and so soft the air.” – William Morris
129. “In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.” – Patience Strong
130. “February brings the rain, Thaws the frozen lake again.” – Sara Coleridge
131. “February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March.” – J.R. Stockton
132. “February is the border between winter and spring.” – Terri Guillemets
133. “Late February days; and now, at last might you have thought that winter’s woe was past. So fair the sky was, and so soft the air.” – William Morris
134. “The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size.” – Gertrude Wister
135. “Why does February feel like one big Tuesday?” – Todd Stocker
136. “Today is the first of February, snowy, brilliant, but dripping with the sound of spring wherever the sun lies warm, and calling with the heart of spring yonder where the crows are assembling. There is spring in the talk of the chickadees outside my window, and in the cheerful bluster of a red squirrel in the hickory.” – Dallas Lore Sharp
137. “In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.” – Patience Strong
138. “While it is February one can taste the full joys of anticipation. Spring stands at the gate with her finger on the latch.” – Patience Strong
April Quotes for the end of March
And after March inevitably comes April. Check out our full list of April Quotes.
139. “When March goes on forever, And April’s twice as long, Who gives a damn if spring has come, As long as winter’s gone.” – R. L. Ruzicka
140. “April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks, “Go!” – Christopher Morley
141. “April showers bring forth May flowers.” – Proverb
142. “April weather, rain and sunshine both together.” – English Country Saying
143. “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” William Shakespeare
144. “Today has been a day dropped out of June into April.” – L.M. Montgomery, “Anne of Windy Poplars”
145. “April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
146. “Our spring has come at last with the soft laughter of April suns and shadow of April showers.” – Byron Caldwell Smith
Check out these sayings for March that no one is sure who said first.
147. “As it rains in March so it rains in June.”
148. “So many mists in March, so many frosts in May.”
149. “The March wind roars, Like a lion in the sky, And makes us shiver, As he passes by.”
150. “When March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb.”
151. “A dry March and a wet May, fill barns and bays, with corn and hay.”
152. “A wet March, a wet Spring.”
153. “March is finally here. Now let’s hope Winter leaves on schedule.”
154. “Welcome to March, when the snow season gradually gives way to the mud season!”
155. “Goodbye, February. Feel free to take Winter with you on your way out!”
156. “Spring officially starts later this month, but unfortunately, Mother Nature tends to March to the beat of her own drum.”
New Month Quotes
157. “I wish you a beautiful new month from the first day of this month to the last day.” – J. K. Rowling
158. “The object of a new month is not that we should have a new month…we should have a new soul.” — G. K. Chesterton
159. “Let this new month bring great miracles, new visions and greater blessings for you and your beloved ones.” – Rajesh Goyal
159. “It is worth taking the time to stop and contemplate at the beginning of each new month.” – Nadine Locke
160. “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” – April Mae Monterrosa
Here are some March captions for your March pics.
In like a lion, out like a lamb
March: Let Spring Begin
Please be good to me, March
Irish you a Happy March!
Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt personally victimized by March
New month. New beginning. New mindset.
I wish the first day of spring was actually the last day of winter
All set to welcome spring with March!
Let’s March Into Spring!
All ready for March
Hey March! Show me your colours!
And there you have it! Our list of the best quotes for March and March sayings. We hope you found one that spoke to you.
Now get out and enjoy your March!
Let us know in the comments below if we missed a quote on February that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: