Our site includes affiliate links to products we recommend. If you use one to make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Running is a great way to get your body moving and clear your mind. Whether you are on a daily run, heading out for a fun run or working on improving your times we have all the best running captions for your next post. We have also included the best running quotes for Instagram for when someone else has said it best first.
So if you are looking for a run caption to make them smile or to inspire you will find it here.
If you like these captions check out our lists of:
- Walking Captions and Walking Quotes
- Hiking Captions and Funny Hiking Captions
- Hiking Quotes, Short Hiking Quotes and Funny Hiking Quotes
- Trekking Quotes
We have also paired some of our favorite captions about running with our favorite running pics.
Scroll through to find your favorite caption about running.
These running captions are perfect for your next running photo. You might also like our list of Hiking Captions.
- Running won’t kill you – you’ll pass out first.
- Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.
- Laughing is good exercise. It’s like jogging on the inside.
- Don’t dream of winning, train for it!
- This early piece of the morning is mine.
- You don’t need a gym. You need passion.
- We are all runners, some just run faster than others.
- It always seems impossible until it is done.
- Running is cheaper than therapy.
- It’s only cold if you’re standing still.
- If you want to change your body, exercise. If you want to change your life, become a runner.
- I have a love-hate relationship with jogging.
- It’s not so much that I began to run, but that I continued.
- Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
- Practice as you’ve never won. Perform as if you’ve never lost.
- Barefoot. Mindful. Open. Connecting with the earth.
- Be a solitary runner: run alone, talk to yourself, sometimes sing
- May your run through nature lead you to your true self.
- Running lets me feel closer to the world.
- Running my own path
- Sunset beach runs are the best runs
- Keep calm and keep running.
- The view up here is breathtaking, and I know it’s all downhill from here.
- I find runs cheaper than therapy.
- May your best miles be covered on foot.
- Running together for a lifetime.
- A run in the woods sometimes means getting lost.
- Happiness is running with friends.
- Running in the sunlight is like running on the moon.
- Off to great places. Today is my day. My mountain is waiting, and so I’m on my way.
- The trail begins where the signposts end.
- Running fast enough to make my own breeze
- Run through life with your mind wide open
- There’s no such thing as “too much fresh air.”
- Needed a change of altitude.
- Life is full of ups and downs. Run on the right path.
Funny Running Captions
If you like these funny captions about running, you can also check out our lists of Funniest Captions, Funny Family Captions, Funny Food Captions, Funny Summer Captions, Funny Graduation Captions, and Funny Birthday Captions.
- I find running is cheaper than therapy
- A run in the woods can leave you breathless.
- Life is full of ups and downs. Always run on the right path.
- Running is an adventure in the unexpected.
- A good run is like a cup of coffee – I’m much nicer after I’ve had one.
- Please ignore the faces I make when I run.
- It’s a lot like walking, only faster.
- I’ve got 99 problems and I’m going to ignore them all for an hour.
- Other sports use our sport as a punishment.
- Autocorrect changed “morning run” to “morning rum”.
- The only marathon I run is 6 seasons on Netflix.
- I like running and maybe like four other people.
- On good days, run. On bad days, run harder.
- To run or not to run: what a stupid question.
- Running is the answer. The question is irrelevant.
- Runner’s logic: I’m tired – I think I’ll go for a run.
- My running style is best described as startled gazelle.
- I thought they said rum.
- The only type of meal runners eat before a big race is fast-food.
- If you see me collapse, pause my watch.
- Making excuses to wake up late burns zero calories per hour.
- The Young and the Breathless
- How do crazy runners get through a forest? They take the psycho path.
- Run like there’s a hot guy in front of you and a creepy guy behind you.
- Running is better, but I like walking.
- Some women want diamonds. I just want to run.
- Let’s run where the Wi-Fi is weak.
- Running makes it easy to forget to check your phone
- Many of life’s best memories are made in running shoes.
- I’d instead be running on a rainy day than sitting at a desk on a sunny day.
- Running is the answer. Who cares what the question is?
- People can run the same trail twice, but the experience is always different.
Running Instagram Captions
Your followers will love these running captions for Instagram. Find your favorite running Instagram captions now!
- Good friends listen to your adventures. Best friends make them with you.
- To run fast, run alone. But to run far, run together.
- A run in the woods can replenish your soul.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
- A good laugh and a long run are the two best cures for anything.
- Running a marathon takes balls – other sports just play with them.
- Running is a sport where you compete against yourself.
- During the marathon, the Swedish runner couldn’t complete the race because he stopped just before the Finnish line.
- Running, the best way to get inspired
- One run can change your day, many runs can change your life.
- Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
- There will come a day when I can no longer run. Today is not that day.
- Good things come slowly, especially in distance running.
- Run often. Run long. But never outrun your joy of running.
- Great things never came from comfort zones.
- Some people don’t have the guts for distance. The polite term for them is sprinters.
- The marathon runner had a real fear of speed bumps on the road. He’s slowly getting over it.
- I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.
- Make sure your own worst enemy doesn’t live between your two ears.
- Move the body, still the mind
- Running is awesome. Thanks for being awesome.
- I’m running with the breeze in my hair.
- If two people run together, they always find their way.
- Good company makes a long journey seem shorter.
- Life begins at the end of our comfort zones.
- Life is a journey. And I’m running every step of the way.
- May your best miles be covered on foot
Short Run Captions
If you like these short run captions, you might also want to head over to our full list of Short Captions.
- Starting with baby steps
- Run more; worry less
- Run often. Run always.
- Running in sunshine
- I run harder than you party.
- Breathe it in. Run it out.
- Just start.
- A bad run is better than no run.
- Run like you stole something.
- Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run.
- Stop stopping yourself.
- Slow progress is still progress.
- Don’t walk. Run!
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
- No one ever drowned in sweat.
- Run more, live longer.
- Running into the weekend
- Halfway to somewhere
- Time to run.
- I’m always one step ahead.
- Running is my hobby.
- It’s just a hill. Run over it.
Running Quotes for Instagram
Here are our favorite short running quotes for Instagram. You might also like our list of Very Short Quotes.
“Running is the basis of all the training that I do…it’s like an escape.” – Ellie Goulding
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred DeVito
“There’s a great empowerment that I get from running, not only from the endorphins . . . Being a runner, to me, has made being depressed impossible. If ever I’m going through something emotional and just go outside for a run, you can rest assured that I’ll come back with clarity and empowerment.” — Alanis Morissette
“It started to become what I looked forward to most; it was the only time I got to be in my own head.” – Rob Riggle
“I never listen to music when I run – I listen to the beat of my heart. I like to feel the blood pumping in my veins. If I’m running for a long time, I take my hydration pack. I like to disappear up a mountain or into the woods and come back two hours later.” — Fred Sirieux
“I love running but I think you have to find a workout routine that really speaks to you beyond trying to get goals for your body. For me, running, I need it as much for my head and to clear my head as I do for keeping in shape.” — Meghan Markle
“It makes me feel like I can conquer anything that comes at me. I’m never tapped out. I’m never tired around my two kids. I owe a lot of that to running.” – Travis Barker
“Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Fast running isn’t forced. You have to relax and let the run come out of you.” — Desiree Linden
“Just keep moving. Someone said this to me a long time ago. It’s a Buddhist saying, I think: ‘There is no wasted effort.’” – Lauren Graham
“The point is whether or not I improved over yesterday. In long-distance running the only opponent you have to beat is yourself, the way you used to be.” – Haruki Murakami
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotles
“Every marathon I ran, I knew I had a faster one in me.” – Dick Beardsley
“I feel like when I am running, it not only helps change me physically, it also improves my state of mind.” — Derek Hough
“There are clubs you can’t belong to, neighbors you can’t live in, schools you can’t get into, but the roads are always open.” – NIKE
“This is the hardest thing I’ve ever put my body through, but for me, running is a mental game. I’ve learned that if I can convince myself to just keep putting one foot in front of the other, then I can run as far as I want to.” — Chip Gaines
“Running is something you can do and be alone in your thoughts, and I like that.” — Carole Radziwill
“I always run without music. Being disconnected is what I’m addicted to more than anything. There aren’t many places where you can be without your phone and computer. I’ve started to crave and enjoy that time alone.” – Christy Turlington
Funny Running Instagram Quotes
These funny running quotes will put a smile on your face. If you like funny quotes and sayings, you should also check out our lists of Short Funny Quotes, Funny Good Morning Quotes, Funny Love Quotes, Funny Work Quotes, Funny Quotes of the Day, Funny Quotes About Life and Funny Inspirational Quotes.
“Running is the quickest endorphin hit I can get. I like to do it really early in the morning, before everyone gets up. It gives me a clear head and sort of resets the clock. It’s like, ‘OK, I got that out of the way. Now I can deal with people.'” — Julie Bowen
“Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out whether they’ve got a second.” – William James
“Run often. Run long. But never outrun your joy of running.” — Julie Isphording
“Some seek the comfort of their therapist’s office, others head to the corner pub and dive into a pint, but I chose running as my therapy.” – Dean Karnazes
“To me, sweat is workout bliss.” – Brooke Burke-Charvet
“I go running when I have to. Like when the ice cream van is doing sixty.” – Wendy Liebman
“Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes
“Life is short. Running makes it seem longer.” – Baron Hansen
“If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want. Why? Because (a) you’ll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you’ll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway.” – Don Kardong
“Just running the streets was absolutely everything and more than I possibly expected.” — Jennie Finch
“Jogging is very beneficial. It’s good for your legs and your feet. It’s also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.” – Charles Schulz
“I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.” – Ronald Rook
“How do you know if someone ran a marathon? Don’t worry, they’ll tell you.” – Jimmy Fallon
So there you have it, our complete list of Instagram Quotes for Running and Captions for Running! Hopefully you found the perfect one for you.
Now get our there and go for a run!
Also, if you know of a good caption on running that we missed, let us know and we’ll add it.
About the Author
Laynni has been sharing her travel adventures and day-to-day life on Routinely Nomadic social media for over 15 years and appreciates the importance of finding the perfect quote or caption to showcase those experiences. Putting her extensive writing and education background to good use, Laynni has become passionate about researching and curating comprehensive lists of all the best quotes and captions for every occasion.
Other Quotes Posts You Might Like: