It’s time to celebrate someone’s birthday and its important to have the perfect birthday message to let them know just how you feel. We think that when it comes to birthday wishes, short and sweet is the way to go. So we have gathered all the best short birthday wishes that are perfect for when you are having trouble finding the right words.
Our list of short happy birthday wishes includes ones that are for friends, loved ones or those milestone birthdays from our lists of 16th Birthday Wishes, 18th Birthday Wishes, 21st Birthday Wishes, 30th Birthday Wishes, 40th Birthday Wishes, 50th Birthday Wishes, 60th Birthday Wishes and 70th Birthday Wishes.
Find the perfect one line birthday wishes here. And if you want to add a bit of humor, check out our section with the best short funny birthday wishes.
Short Birthday Wishes
Here are some great short birthday wishes.
- Happy birthday beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with joy and happiness.
- It’s your special day! Treat me! Oops, I mean yourself. Treat yourself! (But also me.) Happy birthday!
- Smart, good looking, and funny! But enough about me. Happy birthday!
- Is it hotter in here than usual? Must be all the candles on your cake. Happy birthday!
- On this day, your birthday, I hope that each and every one of your wishes comes true.
- Sending you warm birthday wishes and a big warm hug on this very special day.
- Although I am not there to celebrate your birthday, you are in my thoughts.
- Another year older is a reason to celebrate. You are that much closer to retirement dear friend.
- It’s your birthday! I hope it is filled with happiness and plenty of love.
- Your birthday brings with it a special glow. The glow of so many candles, so hurry and blow them out!
- I hate to have to miss your birthday but know that I am thinking of you from afar.
- Words can never quantify my joy for celebrating with you on your birthday.
- I pray that your dreams turn into reality. Happy Birthday.
- Many happy returns to you on your birthday! May you enjoy a wonderful day full of cake!
- I hope your birthday is full of sunshine, rainbows, love, and laughter! HBD!
Short Happy Birthday Wishes
Check out these short happy birthday wishes.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more to come. Hope it’s a good one.
- Everyone gets to be young once. Today it’s official, your turn is over. Happy birthday!
- Older? Definitely. Wiser? …mmm debatable. Happy Birthday!
- Your birthday is the perfect excuse to get drunk on a weekday. Bottoms up!
- “Pst, don’t grow up! It’s a trap. Happy birthday!”
- I hope your day is full of fun and celebration. Happy birthday to you my dear!
- Happy birthday to you! Let’s break out the cake, candles…and don’t forget the fire extinguisher!
- I hope all of your hopes and dreams come true on this very special day. Happy birthday to you!
- Your birthday allows us to celebrate having you in our lives. Happy Birthday.
- I wish you continuous dreaming, planning and achieving your biggest dreams. Happy Birthday.
- I wish you a wonderful, joyful and fun-filled happy birthday.
- Celebration of your birthday is celebration of life, love and laughter. Happy Birthday.
- Celebrate life and dance away your sorrows. Happy Birthday.
Short Funny Birthday Wishes
If you like these short funny birthday wishes, you might also like our full list of Funny Birthday Wishes.
- May you live to be so old that the very sight of you terrifies babies and ex-lovers. Happy birthday!
- May you live so long your wrinkles have wrinkles. Happy birthday!
- Here’s to another year of questionable life decisions! Happy birthday queen.
- May your birthday cake be moist, and may no one use that word to describe it.
- You don’t look a day over 16! From a distance, with my eyes closed. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to a guy who still isn’t showing his age… And definitely not acting it.
- With age comes patience. Thanks for waiting for my belated birthday wish.
- Statistics show that those who have the most birthdays live the longest. Happy Birthday.
- Happy birthday! Super glad you were born.
- Great news! You’re still alive! Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! I think it’s great… How you used to be young.
- Happy birthday — I’m so glad you’ll always be older than me!
- You know what they say about more candles… A bigger wish! Happy Birthday.
- A true friend remembers your birthday, but not your age. Happy birthday!
- Since it’s your birthday, I’ll tell you now you’re a real catch. Fishing you a reel-y happy birthday!
- I smell old people! Oh, wait no that’s just you. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! Stay golden, girl.
- Those aren’t gray hairs you see. They’re strands of birthday glitter growing out of your head.
- Party hard, but maybe bring a second set of underwear with you this time hahaha. Happy Birthday.
- Happy birthday! I’m so pleased to hear you’re over the hill instead of under it.
- If things get better with age, then you’re approaching magnificent! Happy Birthday.
- Another day older is another day to chug more cake. Happy Birthday.
- I wouldn’t say you’re old… you’ve just been young for longer than most of us. Happy birthday!
- We’ll be friends ‘til we’re old and senile… And then we’ll be new friends! Happy Birthday!
Short and Sweet Birthday Wishes
Sometimes short and sweet birthday wishes are the way to go!
- Birthdays are special days that allow us to celebrate the day you came into our lives.
- Although I cannot be with you on your birthday, know that you are in my thoughts today and every day.
- Happy birthday to the most skilled, intelligent and charming boss.
- May your celebration of another year bring you new special glow of life.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday! May all your dreams come true.
- Congratulations on your birthday! Sending you our love and good wishes.
- You’re not getting older… just more distinguished! Happy Birthday.
- You are so old, you walked into an antique shop and they sold you.
- May your birthday be sprinkled with fun and laughter. Have a great day!
- Happy Birthday to my best buddy! I hope you have a good one.
- On the bright side, at least you don’t have to share your birthday cake with anyone else this year!
- I hope your birthday is filled with hope, joy, and many new beginnings. You are loved today and always!
- Another year in the books. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
- You truly deserve the best the world has to offer. Happy birthday!
Short Birthday Wishes for Friends
- I hear today is your birthday. Another year older is another year wiser my dear friend.
- I hope you know how much joy your presence brings. Happy birthday my dear friend.
- Thank you for always being a friend I can count on. Happy birthday!
- Wishing my bestie the absolute best on their b-day!
- Cheers to another trip around the sun! Keep on shining and have an amazing birthday.
- You’re the brightest star in the galaxy! Happy birthday!
- Wishing my favorite partner in crime a very scandalous birthday!
- Happy birthday to my best friend in the whole wide world.
- Cheers to your own personal new year — let’s make it one for the books!
- Your birthday is fresh remembrance of the strength of our friendship. Happy Birthday.
- Happy Birthday to my gorgeous friend. You’re the best! Cheers to a brilliant day.
- Cheers to more fun, more memories, and more cake! Happy birthday!
- I can’t think of a better gift than your friendship — happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to my best friend! Ready for another trip around the sun with you.
- Happy Birthday to such a fabulous friend! Wishing you many blessings for the year ahead.
- I’m so happy our paths crossed in this life. Wishing you a very happy birthday, my friend!
- Don’t worry, I already know my present is your favorite. Have a fabulous birthday!
- Congrats on getting another candle on the cake, bud!
- You make our world a better and brighter place — happy birthday love!
- Enjoy your special day to the fullest, bestie!
- No ifs, ands or buts about it: You really are the best friend anyone could have. Happy birthday!
- A great day to celebrate a great friend! Happy birthday, and cheers to many more.
Cute Simple Birthday Wishes
Here are some cute simple birthday wishes.
- Birthdays are a time to celebrate so kick back and enjoy your wonderful day.
- Although I am far away, you are in my heart today on your very special birthday.
- I wish you a lovely celebration of your birthday and the best of all your desires.
- Wishing you a very special birthday and a wonderful year ahead!
- Happy Birthday! Wishing you a beautiful day and many blessings for the year ahead.
- I wouldn’t call you old… it’s just that you’ve been young for longer than most of us. Happy Birthday!
- Middle age: that time when you finally get your head together – then your body starts falling apart.
- You know you’re old when you turn down the lights to be economical instead of romantic.
- Wishing you a wonderful birthday and a fantastic year ahead!
- I hope you have a fabulous day, and be sure to eat an extra slice of cake for me!
- Enjoy your special day to the fullest. Make each and every day of this year count! Happy Birthday!
- You may be another year older, but hey, you’ve still got it in my eyes. Happy birthday!
- Came for the cake, stayed to see who got you the best gift. Cheers to an awesome birthday!
- May the cake be delicious and the next year be epic! Happy birthday!
Short Birthday Greetings
They will love these short birthday greetings.
- It’s your birthday! Let us celebrate joyfully another wonderful year of your life.
- Your birthday is a moment to spread your love for all.
- Celebrate, laugh, dance, and cheer because your birthday only comes once a year.
- Before you break the cake and blow out the candles, keep close the fire extinguisher.
- Happy Birthday! Here’s to a memorable day and a year ahead that’s full of adventure and joy.
- Happy Birthday to a great buddy! I hope you have a good one.
- You know you’re getting older when an “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.
- A little gray hair is a small price to pay for so much wisdom.
- Let’s celebrate your aging with this cake.
- I spent three hours scrolling the internet for your perfect birthday message. Then I gave up. Happy Birthday.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and all the best for the coming year.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and all the best wishes for an exciting and fun-filled year ahead.
- May your birthday be filled with contentment. Happy Birthday!
- Wishing you a big happy birthday. May this be one for the books!
- You’re simply the best. Wishing you a big happy birthday—may it be a year for the books.
Short 16th Birthday Wishes
Here are a few of the best from our list of 16th birthday wishes.
- I’m thrilled to see you turning into such a wonderful young person. Happy 16th birthday.
- Happy 16th birthday! You are the best and I wish you the best things in life.
- May this special day bring you every bit of blessing and happiness. Have a sweet sixteen.
- You’re 16, and I’m issuing you a license to have an awesome birthday! Enjoy!
- Happy Sweet 16th birthday. I cannot believe how you have grown as an amazing human being.
- Turning 16 has its duties. You have a duty to be the sweetest you can be. Happy sweet 16, sweetie!
- May your sweet sixteen be filled with many thrills and crazy memories! Have a joyous birthday!
- Happy Birthday to my sweet 16 young girl. I wish this birthday becomes your best and a memorable one.
- Happy 16th birthday! Have a blast in your sweet sixteen.
- Happy birthday! May your sweet sixteen come with new joy and excitement.
- Happy 16th Birthday to my best friend! May all your dreams come true this new year!
- Our friendship is more to me than anything else. Have a wonderful 16th Birthday.
- I know you’re going to rock 16! Happy Birthday! I’m so glad to know you!
- In your 16+ years, you will surely achieve more. Let’s embark on a new adventure together.
- May your 16th birthday comes with success, love, and joy because you deserve it most.
Short 21st Birthday Wishes
A few of the best from our list of 21st birthday wishes.
- Hope your birthday is twenty-onederful!
- Enjoy turning 21 today – it’s all downhill from now on!
- By 21, Jane Austen had written Pride and Prejudice. But you’re still doing great!
- By 21, Steve Jobs had founded Apple. But you’re still doing great!
- You’re 21! You are officially an adult… and old.
- Happy 21st Birthday! Drink responsibly… don’t spill any of it.
- Time to get drunk and forget you’re getting old. Happy 21st!
- Happy birthday. It took you 21 years to look this good!
- Sincerely wishing you life’s finest things at 21.
- Hope your 21st year is your favorite year so far!
- 21 is a birthday worth celebrating, live it large!
- Forever be beautiful, inside and out. Happy 21st birthday.
- The first 21 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- 21 is fun, fabulous, and absolutely fantastic. It’s your time in the sun.
Short 30th Birthday Wishes
Some of the best from our list of 30th birthday wishes.
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see what you do with your next 30 years.
- Turning 30 is a piece of cake and a few extra candles.
- With 30 years comes wisdom…and wrinkles.
- Don’t let aging get you down… it’s too hard to get back up again! Happy birthday, 30-year-old!
- A very happy 30th birthday, I can’t wait to celebrate with you later.
- May your birthday be as wonderful as you are, happy 30th.
- 30 is a birthday worth celebrating, live it large!
- Happy 30th birthday to someone who’s awesome at any age.
- Uh oh, looks like you can no longer use your 20s as an excuse every time you mess up.
- Happy 30th! Don’t worry, you don’t look a day over 29 and a half.
- At least you’ve officially got 30 out of the way now, onto 40 soon!
- 30-years-young and at the top of your game. Can’t nobody tell you nothing!
- Happy birthday. It took you 30 years to look this good!
- Sincerely wishing you life’s finest things at 30.
- 30 is a birthday worth celebrating, live it large!
- Happy 30th birthday, sweetie! If we gotta grow old, let’s do it together!
- Forever be beautiful, inside and out. Happy 30th birthday.
- The first 30 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- I hate to remind you of your old age, but… you’re thirty! Happy birthday!
- 30 is fun, fabulous, and absolutely fantastic. It’s your time in the sun.
- Life is a book and your thirties are the chapters when it all starts making sense.
Short 40th Birthday Wishes
The best picks from our list of 40th birthday wishes.
- Four decades of being your wonderful self. Happy birthday, buddy!
- Happy 40th birthday to a true troublemaker. Don’t you dare get old on me!
- Lordy, Lordy, look who’s 40! Hope your big day is positively wonderful.
- 39 was so last year. Happy birthday!
- The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- You look good for 40. Scratch that, you look good, period. Happy birthday!
- They say 40 is the new 30. However, it should be noted that they often lie.
- Happy birthday! And thank you so much for turning 40 before me!
- Middle age… when “happy hour” is a nap! Happy 40th!
- Congratulations on four decades of sheer awesomeness!
- Still fun, foxy, and fabulous at 40. Happy birthday!
- Now you’re as sexy as two 20-year-olds. Happy 40th birthday!
- Happy 40th, bud! How does it feel to be the world’s oldest kid?
- You’re 14,600 days old, but who’s counting?
- 40 is fun, fabulous, and absolutely fantastic. It’s your time in the sun.
Short 50th Birthday Wishes
Here are some of the best from our list of 50th birthday wishes.
- Here’s to 50 years of being the best you…and an incredible 50 more!
- May you wish on every single candle, and may all 50 of them come true for you.
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see what you do with your next 50 years.
- I’ll bet you were hoping no one would notice you were turning 50. Well, no such luck! Happy birthday!
- Have a great 50th birthday! Too young to die and too old to Rock n Roll!
- 50?! YOU?! I demand a recount! Happy birthday!
- It’s OK to light the 50 candles on your birthday cake now; I’ve already alerted the fire department.
- You’re not old! …oh, no wait, actually you are, sorry about that.
- 50 isn’t old if you’re a tree. Happy birthday.
- Congratulations on being born a really long time ago.
- You’re not old! …oh, no wait, actually you are, sorry about that.
- You’re like a fine wine, you keep getting better with age.
- Every year of life is a gift, even 50.
- There is still so much life to be lived at the ripe age of 50.
- Here’s to maturing like fine wine. Happy 50th birthday!
- Happy birthday! And remember you’re not 50 …you’re 28 with 22 years of experience.
Short Birthday Messages for Cards
Check out these short birthday messages for cards.
- It’s celebration time! I hope you are having the time of your life as you celebrate your birthday.
- I hope your birthday brings you everything you have ever wished for.
- As we commemorate your birth into this world, may your life be filled with laughter, love, joy and peace.
- Warmest wishes for a very happy birthday.
- Better “over the hill” than under it. Happy Birthday!
- Congratulations on your birthday! Wishing you a truly fabulous day.
- Happy Birthday! Don’t forget to iron that birthday suit.
- YOU SUCK! … at aging. Can you at least try to look older?
- If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then you’re a genius!
- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day today, and that the year ahead is full of many blessings.
- On your birthday, I’m praying that all your birthday wishes come true.
- Sending you wishes for the happiest of birthdays. May all of your wishes come true on this special day!
- Thank you for being in my life. I’m so happy to celebrate you today and hope you have a great birthday.
- Happy birthday. I’m grateful I get to spend your big day with you.
Short Birthday Quotes
If you like these short birthday quotes, check out our lists for milestone birthdays, including 18th Birthday Quotes, 21st Birthday Quotes, 30th Birthday Quotes, 40th Birthday Quotes and 50th Birthday Quotes.
“For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday.” — John Glenn
“The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” — Betty White
“Just remember once you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.” — Charles Schultz
“The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you’ll grow out of it.” — Doris Day
“The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.” — Robert Orben
“Youth has no age.” – Pablo Picasso
“All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” — George Harrison
“That’s the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.” — Bob Hope
“The Best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.” — H. V. Prochnow
“Looking 50 is great – if you’re 60.” — Joan Rivers
“After 30, a body has a mind of its own.” — Bette Midler
“To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.” — Bernard Baruch
“Fifty is the youth of old age.” – Victor Hugo
“I’m at an age when my back goes out more than I do.” — Phyllis Diller
“Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” — Kitty Collins
“Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” — Billie Burke
“You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
Funny Short Birthday Quotes
A few of the best from our list of Funny Birthday Quotes.
“The first hundred years are the hardest.” — Wilson Mizner
“There is still no cure for the common birthday.” — John Glenn
“Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” — Helen Hayes
“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” — Chili Davis
“I intend to live forever. So far, so good.” — Steven Wright
“Last year my birthday cake looked like a prairie fire.” — Rodney Dangerfield
“From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye.” — William Butler Yeats
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
“I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn’t have one. So, I got a cake!” — Mitch Hedberg
“Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age.” — Booth Tarkington
“Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” — George Meredith
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
You don’t get older, you get better. — Shirley Bassey
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
“Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” — Tom Stoppard
“Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.” — Tom Wilson
Short Birthday Captions
- Warning: It’s my birthday today!
- Birthday feels.
- Found my birthday crown.
- My birthday, my rules.
- Peace, love and birthday fun!
- Peace, love and birthday cake.
- Making my birthday wish.
- Birthday #mood!
- Let the birthday shenanigans begin!
- Another birthday? No problem.
- Birthday girl/boy at your service!
- New decade, who dis?
- My birthday week starts…now!
- Today’s the best day of the year: my birthday!
- Birthdays are bigger in Texas.
- Birthday hair and I don’t care.
- A little birthday party for me!
- Welcome to club birthday!
- Getting my birthday glam on!
- Did someone say it’s my birthday?!
- Feeling like a million bucks this birthday.
And that’s it for our list! We hope you found the perfect short birthday wish you were looking for.
Now get out and celebrate that birthday!
Other Lists You Might Like: