There may be a sunset every day but it doesn’t make them any less special. We love the feeling of watching the sun slowly go down and we have gathered all the best short sunset quotes into one place including some simple sunset quotes for Instagram that will be great for any of your sunset photos.
We quit our jobs over 10 years ago and have been travelling ever since. During that time we make a point of seeing sunsets in every country we go to.
We have found that it is important to take the time to slow down and appreciate the little details around you. Those sunsets have often been so amazing that it can be difficult to do them justice and capture exactly what we felt while watching them.
This list of beautiful sunset quotes will help you do just that and when it comes to sunset quotes, short is sometimes the way to go.
We have also paired our favourite short quotes about sunsets with our favourite sunset photos from around the world from Lake Atitlan in Guatemala to the Greek islands of Santorini and Crete to the beaches of Mexico.
You might be looking for inspirational quotes about the sunset or want to use a short quote as a sunset caption on Instagram. We have found that when it comes to sunset quotes, short ones work best as captions for Instagram. You might also want to look at our extensive list of the overall best sunset captions.
We have a list of the Best Sunset Quotes as well as the following lists of other specific sunset quotes:
- Romantic Sunset Quotes About Love
- Inspirational Sunset Quotes
- Beautiful Sunset Quotes
- Sunset Quotes About Life
Check out our Sun Quotes: Sunny Sayings to Brighten Your Day, an extensive list of all the best quotes about the sun.
Best Short Sunset Quotes
Here are our favorite short sunset quotes.
1. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” – Richie Norton
2. “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” – Joyce Rachelle
3. “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream” – Bernard Williams
4. “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” – Crystal Woods
5. “If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream.” – Jarod Kintz
6. “Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies” – Paulo Coelho
7. “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” – George R. R. Martin
8. “That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” – Atticus
9. “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
10. “The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” – The Sound of Music
11. “Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” – Rachel Roy
12. “Pour me a sunset, kill the night, and I promise to drink with you forever.” – William C. Hannan
13. “Foam is white and waves are grey; Beyond the sunset leads my way.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “It’s not just a sunset; it’s a moonrise too.” – P. C. Cast
15. “Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” – Jennifer Donnelly
16. “When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
17. “No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” – Maya Angelou
18. “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” – Vera Nazarian
19. “All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you.” — Mayday Parade
20. “I just need you and some sunsets” – Atticus
21. “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” – Claude Debussy
22. “Sunsets are loved because they vanish.” – Ray Bradbury
23. “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” – Erin McCarthy
24. “Softly the evening came with the sunset.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
25. “Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there.” – Grace Ogot
26. “A sunset will color your dreams.” – Anthony Hincks
27. “A great sunset is like well-controlled arson.” – Dean Johnston
28. “Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.” – J.K. Rowling
29. “The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.” – Stephen King
30. “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” – Karl Schmidt
31. “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
32. “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night” – Sharon Rene
33. “I want to see how sunset decorates your hair.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
34. “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” – Anthony T. Hincks
RELATED POST: Short Love Quotes
35. “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” – Virginia Woolf
36. “May there be just enough clouds in your life to create a glorious sunset.” – Unknown
37. “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” – Sharon Rene
38. “See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” – Debasish Mridha
39. “There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” – Rachel Boston
40. “A sunset paints the sky as if there were no tomorrow.” – Anthony T. Hincks
41. “If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.” – Unknown
42. “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” – Richard Paul Evans
43. “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
RELATED POST: New Day Quotes
44. “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” – Claude Debussy
45. “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under.” – C. JoyBell C.
Short Sunset Quotes for Instagram
These short sunset quotes for Instagram will work perfectly for the caption for your next post and your followers will love them.
46. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” – Charles A. Beard
47. “To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.” – Gina De Gorna
48. “Sunset is the opening music of the night.”― Mehmet Murat ildan
49. “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.”― S.E. Hinton
51. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
52. “The sunset glow of self-possession.” – Nicolas Chamfort
50. “Bring me the sunset in a cup.” – Emily Dickinson
53. “I’m a living sunset, lightning in my bones.” – Ben Harper
54. “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.” -Beau Taplin
55. “I’ve got sunsets on the insides of my eyelids.”― Pete Wentz
56. “I feel blindfolded at sunset.”― Jennifer Elisabeth
57. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” – Dr. Seuss
58. “You were right about the stars, each one is a setting sun.”― Jeff Tweedy
59. “My soul is an empty carousel at sunset.” – Pablo Neruda.
60. “Let’s go sunset chasing.” – Laynni Locke
61. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” – Umair Siddiqui
RELATED POST: Perfect Sunrise Quotes
62. “We can always be chasing the sun.” — Sara Bareilles
63. “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – Atticus
64. “There is never one sunrise the same or one sunset the same.” – Carlos Santana
65. “My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day.” – Jonathan Lockwood
If you are like us and watching the sun set makes you happy check out our list of Best Short Quotes About Happiness.
Our Favorite Longer Beautiful and Inspirational Sunset Quotes
When it comes to sunset quotes short one are great because they are so succinct but sometimes the most beautiful and inspirational sunset quotes are a little longer.
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
“When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” – Christy Ann Martine
“Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-pained by a graffiti artist.” – Mia Kirshner
“Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am.” – Joelle
“Every moment in life is unique. A kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever occur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” – Stephen Nachmanovich
“Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquillity to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” – Somya Kedia
“Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” – Sharon Draper
“Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” – Rachel Boston
“Allow failure to teach you a supreme lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise.” – Sri Chinmoy
“There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it…Put yourself in the way of beauty.” – Cheryl Strayed
“You have to travel far and wide to see a lot of the world’s wonders, but sunsets can be appreciated in every corner of the earth.” – Kimmie Conner
“Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” – Juansen Dizon
“Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” – Elbert Hubbard
“A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” – Mary Balogh
Short Sunset Captions
Sand, sea, and sunsets
My happy place
Sunset state of mind
Stay til the sun sets
Cherish every sunset
Sunsets and silhouettes
Forever chasing that sunset
Short Sun and Moon Quotes
“Clearly I know, the mind is mountains, rivers, and the great earth; sun, moon, and stars.” ― Dogen
“I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either.” — Alberto Caeiro
“The sun and moon shine on all without partiality.” — Confucius
“The Sun, Moon and Stars are there to guide us.” — Dennis Banks
“The world was whole then, the sun and moon together as one.” ― Bianca Viola
“Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.” — John Lennon
“Let the sun shine on me, for I care not for the moon.” ― Spanish Proverb
“If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out.” — William Blake
“In that moment, the moon and the sun shared the sky.” ― Kelseyleigh Reber
“The sun is but a morning star.” — Henry David Thoreau
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” — Buddha
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
“Be both soft and wild. Just like the moon. Or the storm. Or the sea.” — Victoria Erickson
“The journey of the sun and moon is predictable, but yours is your ultimate art.” — Suzy Kassem
“Dreaming is to think by moonlight by the light of an inner moon.” — Jules Renard
“You’ve got the sun, you’ve got the moon, and you’ve got the Rolling Stones.” — Keith Richards
“Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: – you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” — E. E. cummings
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
“Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.” — Gautama Buddha
“Go slowly, my lovely moon, go slowly.” – Khaled Hosseini
“The sky is that beautiful old parchment in which the sun and the moon keep their diary.” — Alfred Kreymborg
“Glance at the sun. See the moon and stars. Gaze at the beauty of the green earth. Now think.” — Hildegard of Bingen
And there you have it! Our list of the best short sunset quotes. We hope you found one that spoke to you.
If you are like us, some of the best sunsets you have seen will have been while walking or hiking. We even plan many of our hikes around getting to the best sunset spot in the area. If that sounds familiar you might want to check out our list of the best quotes about hiking or our 75 favourite trekking quotes.
Let us know in the comments below if we missed any short quotes that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: