Cherry blossoms are one of the first signs of spring and are eagerly anticipated and planned for. Here is a list of the best cherry blossom quotes for two of the most beautiful weeks of the year. We have included some cute quotes about cherry blossoms, meaningful cherry blossom quotes about life, short cherry blossom quotes for Instagram, cherry blossom sayings and cherry blossom captions.
And no list of quotes for cherry blossom season would be complete without a few famous Japanese cherry blossom quotes and haikus.
So whether you are heading out to see your first cherry blossom, have plans to see as many as you can or are just thinking about your favorite season, you will find the perfect quote on cherry blossoms here.
If you like these quotes you might like our lists of
- Cherry Blossom Captions
- Short Spring Quotes and Funny Spring Quotes
- Short Flower Quotes and Bloom Quotes
- March Quotes and April Quotes
We have paired some of our favorite cherry blossoms quotes with our favorite pics from blossom hunting in Vancouver.
Scroll on through or jump ahead to find your favorite short cherry blossom quote.
Cherry Blossom Quotes
Here are our favorite cherry blossom quotes.
- “For in spite of the snapdragons and the duty millers and the cherry blossoms, it was always winter” – Janet Frame
2. “It is springtime now! While the world looks for a new war to fight, you look for the cherry blossom to watch! Let the stupid seeks the violence; you seek the elegance!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
3. “When the mind is really absent, in that silence, in that unlimited space, your potential starts glowing, radiating, flowering. Suddenly you are full of cherry blossoms, a new presence, a new fragrance” – Rajneesh
4. “Loveliest of trees the cherry now Is hung with bloom along the bough” – A.E. Housman
5. “If I were asked to explain the Japanese spirit, I would say it is wild cherry blossoms glowing in the morning sun!” – Motoori Norinaga
6. “I hiked out to the country On a path of self-discovery But all I found was a cherry blossom tree as I believe in harming melodies hypnotized by a silent breeze The of this cherry blossom tree” – Imaginary Cities
7. “Cherry blossom is falling, Cherry blossom is on its way out, Hear a new word is calling, It hears me too and it wants me to shout it out” – Nitzer Ebb
8. “The ornamental cherry trees’ blossoms called sakura, are as closely associated with the image of Japan held by the rest of the world as is Mount Fuji” – Ann McClellan
9. “It looks like rain in Cherry Blossom Lane The sunshine of your smile’s no longer there It looks like rain in Cherry Blossom Lane Your golden voice no longer fills the air” – Guy Lombardo
10. “What’s your story baby? No control of what I am saying Winter leaves still make me believe No vendettas, just a cherry blossom tree” – Manic Street Preachers
11. “I have a pretty good memory, but memories are time beings, too, like cherry blossoms or ginkgo leaves; for a while they are beautiful, and then they fade and die” – Ruth Ozeki
12. “The Japanese school year begins in spring … so mothers can send off their children as cherry blossoms fall from the branches” – Cathy Davidson
13. “I feel as though as I touch those cherry-blossom petals Cup the budding cherry flowers in my hands I am slowly, yet lovingly stroking Brigid’s silky pretty face” – Nobody Nose
14. “Light as feathers, as fleeting as Zephyr, one moment they breathed pink, the next they faded. Cherry blossoms were as much an inspiration for beautiful verse as they were a reminder of life’s fickleness, she thought” – Alice Poon
15. As the cherry blossoms bloom, festive picnics called Hanami usher in the spring with elaborate spreads of miso salmon, mountain vegetables, colorful bento, and fresh mochi turned pink with sakura petals.”- Matt Goulding
Cute Quotes About Cherry Blossoms
You’ll love these cute quotes about cherry blossoms.
16. “There is much to be said for cherry blossoms, but they seem so flighty. They are so quick to run off and leave you.” – Murasaki Shikibu
17. “Come see the cherry trees of a water constellation and the round key of the rapid universe, come touch the fire of instantaneous blue, come before its petals are consumed” – Pablo Neruda
18. “It may just be because I get homesick, but I have concluded Washington’s cherry blossoms are just plain overrated” – Newt Gingrich
19. “I’ve seen spring come to the orchard every year as far back as I can remember and I’ve never grown tired of it. Oh, the wonder of it! The outrageous beauty! God didn’t have to give us cherry blossoms you know. He didn’t have to make apple trees and peach trees burst into flower and fragrance. But God just loves to splurge. He gives us all this magnificence and then if that isn’t enough, He provides fruit from such extravagance” – Lynn Austin
20. “On a moonlit night, after a snowfall, or under cherry blossoms, it adds to our pleasure if, while chatting at our ease, we bring forth the wine cups” – Yoshida Kenko
21. “So cross me cherry blossom tree For you have witnessed it all You’ve seen the world change suddenly At its height and at its fall” – Imaginary Cities
22. “The cloud-like effect of the cherry trees in bloom on Mount Yoshino has inspired poets and common folk in Japan for over a thousand years” – Ann McClellan
23. “These exuberant festivals celebrate the ethereal and glorious springtime blooming of the ancient cherry blossom tree and its role today as an instrument of diplomacy, landscape enhancement and eternal sign of spring and romance” – Ann McClellan
24. “As I caress the pink cherry blossom of the tree which has been keeping me for one third of a century safe.” – Nobody Nose
25. “Looking about I see no cherry blossoms And no crimson leaves A straw-thatched hut by a bay In the autumn dusk” – Fujiwara no Teika
26. “The work of preservation demands that the feelings playing about in one’s guts not be turned into action. Just watch their passing like cherry blossoms” – Maxine Hong Kingston
27. “Suddenly she was seeing the buds on the cherry trees around her; she could feel the energy-packed within them, a bouquet of fireworks whose fuse had already been lit. She could smell them, too, the subtle essence of pink and lollipops, the sweetness deepened by the scent of the slowly warming earth below them” – Erica Bauermeister
28. “As the poet Motoori famously expressed it: If one should ask you concerning the spirit of a true Japanese, point to the wild cherry blossom glowing in the sun” – Ann McClellan
29. “Cherry plum blossoms on the workroom bench Where we can see it all our working hours. In all my garden days of ladyhood, I never met girls who so loved sweet flowers” – Lesbia Harford
Short Cherry Blossom Quotes for Instagram
These short cherry blossom quotes for Instagram are perfect for your cherry blossom post. And check out our list of Short Flower Quotes and Short Quotes.
30. “Sad bright eyes Are cherry blossoms Your true love Will never wake up” – Communique
31. “I want to do with you what the spring does with the cherry trees” – Pablo Neruda
32. “What a strange thing! to be alive beneath cherry blossoms” – Kobayashi Issa
33. “Between our two lives, there is also the life of the cherry blossom” – Matsuo Basho
34. “Yeah you should taste her majesty My Little’ cherry blossom Just like a crow, it cut my throat” – Paolo Nutini
35. “Soldiers falling fast, Battle of white and scarlet, Blossoms on the ground” – David Kudler
Meaningful Cherry Blossom Quotes About Life
Check out these meaningful cherry blossom quotes about life. You might also like our list of Short Quotes About Life, Meaningful Quotes and Short Deep Quotes.
36. “Yes, the cherry trees put this truth very plainly: none of the glory of blossoms and autumn leaves lasts long in this fleeting world.” – Murasaki Shikibu
37. “The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. When mindfulness embraces those we love they will bloom like flowers” – Nhat Hanh
38. “I recall the months and years I spent as the intimate of someone whose affections have now faded like cherry blossoms scattering even before a wind blew.” – Yoshida Kenko
39. “Due to their short bloom time, Sakura blossoms are a metaphor for life itself: beautiful yet fleeting. You’ll realize when you’re as old as me to hang on to the good times because they won’t last forever” – Shannon Mullen
40. “Looking about I see no cherry blossoms, and no crimson leaves, a straw-thatched hut by a bay, in the autumn dusk” – Fujiwara no Teika
41. “We celebrate the cherry tree not for its efficiency but for its effectiveness – and for its beauty. Its materials are in constant flow, and all those thousands of useless cherry blossoms look gorgeous. Then they fall to the ground and become soil again, so there’s no problem” – William McDonough
42. “The work of preservation demands that the feelings playing about in one’s guts not be turned into action. Just watch their passing like cherry blossoms” – Maxine Hong Kingston
43. “However far I gaze Neither cherry blossoms nor Crimson leaves are insightful. Only a fisherman’s hut on the shore In the autumnal evening” – Fujiwara no Teika
44. “From all these trees, in the salads, the soup, everywhere, cherry blossoms fall” – Matsuo Basho
45. “Cherry blossom I can’t let you go I’m not an expert But I know you’re like gold You pop up Shine bright Then you hit the road” – Jon Vinyl
46. “Cherry blossoms are explored as symbols in Japanese art and artifacts, and in images of Japonism found in Western art” – Ann McClellan
47. “Outside it’s a perfect spring night. We stand on the sidewalk in front of our apartment building, and Henry takes my hand, and I look at him, and I raise our joined hands and Henry twirls me around and soon we’re dancing down Belle Plaine Avenue, no music but the sound of cars whooshing by and our own laughter, and the smell of cherry blossoms that fall like snow on the sidewalk as we dance underneath the trees” – Audrey Niffenegger
48. “The cherry blossoms have a spiritual meaning for the Japanese people.” – Ann McClellan.
49. “The significance of the cherry blossom tree in Japanese culture goes back hundreds of years. In their country, the cherry blossom represents the fragility and the beauty of life. It’s a reminder that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but that it is also tragically short” – Homaro Cantu
Cherry Blossom Sayings
Enjoy these cherry blossom sayings.
“In the cherry blossom’s shade there’s no such thing as a stranger.” – Kobayashi Issa
“Since ancient times, the Japanese have heralded the arrival of the cherry blossoms because they symbolize the ephemeral beauty of life.” – Victoria Abbott Riccardi
“Donated by Japan, cherry blossoms grace the paths where a wall once stood in Berlin. Walls divide. Flowers unite.” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
“Let us find inner freedom in each lucky moment that we encounter, like a sun-basking butterfly that finds peace on a cherry blossom petal.” – Erik Pevernagie
If you like this quote check out our list of Butterfly Quotes
White cherry blossom behold the joy of spring, As white cherry blossom blooms, For it will be over soon.” – Christopher Tye
“And so the spring buds burst, and so I gaze, and so the blossoms fall, and so my days.” – Onitsura
Famous Japanese Cherry Blossom Quotes and Haikus
These famous cherry blossom haikus have stood the test of time.
they fall and scatter…
– Kobayashi Issa
by layer, eight-layered
– Masaoka Shiki
Cherry trees in bloom–
warmed by a brazier
– Kobayashi Issa
unable to resist
– Yosa Buson
Very brief –
Gleam of blossoms in the treetops
On a moonlit night.
– Basho Matsuo
Cherry blossom petals
blown by the spring breeze against
the undried wall
– Kobayashi Issa
A lovely spring night
suddenly vanished while we
viewed cherry blossoms
– Basho Matsuo
they scatter and it dies
Cherry Blossoms and Spring Quotes
Spring and cherry blossoms go hand in hand. You should also check out our list of the Best Short Spring Quotes and Funny Spring Quotes.
“Look at the cherry blossoms! Their color and scent fall with them, Are gone forever, Yet mindless, The spring comes again” – Ikkyu
“If there were no, cherry blossoms, in this world, how much more tranquil our hearts would be in spring” – Ariwara no Narihira
“Cherry Blossoms Say Spring looks at the life cycle of a cherry tree, the history behind the gift of the Japanese cherry trees to our nation’s capital, and the association of cherry trees and spring. Vibrant scenes from the Cherry Blossom Festival and the flood of visitors to the Tidal Basin are balanced with shots of the natural beauty of these trees” – Jill Esbaum
“Ah, if in this world there were no such thing as cherry blossoms, perhaps then in springtime our hearts would be at peace” – Ariwara no Narihira
“Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes.” – Carl Friedrich Gauss
“Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.” – Jessica Harrelson
“Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him.” – Kenneth Grahame
“Early spring is the time for vigorous change.” – Henry Rollins
“Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
“The deep roots never doubt spring will come.” – Marty Rubin
“A flower blossoms for its own joy.” – Oscar Wilde
“Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
“Flowers and colours everywhere, I am so glad that March is here.” – Anamika Mishra
“Flowers don’t tell; they show.” – Stephanie Skeem
“Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” – Robin Williams
“Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment.” – Ellis Peters
“Nothing is so beautiful as Spring.” – Gerard Manley Hopkins
Cherry Blossom Captions
These cherry blossom captions are perfect for your beautiful cherry blossom pics. You might also like our list of Perfect Flower Captions.
- I’ve been waiting for you all winter
- Hello again cherry blossom!
- The beautiful blossoms have come
- Cherry blossoms in the air
- Here come the blossoms!
- Pink flowers and blue skies
- Stopping to smell the blossoms
- Spring blossoms are the best blossoms
- Keep calm and blossom on
- Hello cherry blossoms!
- Stunning cherry blossoms.
- Sweet like cherry blossoms.
- Kiss me under the cherry blossoms.
- Spread love like cherry blossoms in spring.
- Stopping to smell the cherry blossoms.
- And so, the blossoms fall, and so my days.
- Look at the cherry blossoms!
- Watching the flowers bloom
- Live life in full bloom
- Always look for the cherry blossoms
- April showers bring May cherry blossoms
- Cherry blossoms are my happy place
- Dressed in pink.
- Never forget to stop and smell the cherry blossoms
- Never walk by a cherry blossoms without stopping
- Spring Blossoms
- Bloom baby, bloom.
- Blossom is in the air.
- Cherry blossoms falling.
- Bright spring flower blooms
- One with the blooms
- Blossom buddies
- Happiness is cherry blossoms blooming
- Surrounded by blooms
- She loves cherry blossoms
- Let your dreams blossom
- Blooming cherry blossoms
- Look on the pink side of life.
- My love for you blossoms like the Spring.
- I like big blooms and I cannot lie
- Life is better with cherry blossoms
- Cherry blossoms; a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be
- My favorite colors are cherry blossoms
- This means spring has sprung!
- Bloom baby, bloom
- Stop & smell the cherry blossoms
- Enveloped in cherry blossoms
Blossoms Quotes and Blossoming Quotes
If you like these blossoms quotes and like quotes about flowers you might like our lists of Short Flower Quotes, Sunflower Quotes, Daisy Quotes, Rose Quotes, Wildflower Quotes, and Bloom Quotes. Find your favorite blossom quotes and blossoming quotes now!
“Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
“Autumn had arrived, the last blossom whispered, let me stay awhile.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
“the whitest, frothiest, blossomest blossom that there ever could be” – Dennis Potter
“I put flower buds in a lot of little bottles around the house so I can see the blossoms open everywhere.” – James Patterson
“When you bloom like a blossom, you must help other flower buds to bloom too.” ― Munia Khan
“A flower does not use words to announce its arrival to the world; it just blooms.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
“There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.” – William Cullen Bryant
RELATED: April Quotes
“I love to see people blossom.” – Roger Rees
“April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.” – E. Y. Harburg
“A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” Max Muller
RELATED: Short Love Quotes
“If you tend to a flower, it will bloom, no matter how many weeds surround it.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
“They blossomed, they did not talk about blossoming.” – Dejan Stojanovic
“The month of May was come, when every lusty heart beginneth to blossom, and to bring forth fruit.” – Thomas Malory
RELATED: May Quotes
“I love people who go on stage and blossom like a weird flower.” – Christine and the Queens
“You’ve got to be one that, wherever you are, like a flower, you’ve got to blossom where you’re planted.” – Cory Booker
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Elizabeth Appell
“Learn to spread joy and happiness like Spring Blossoms.” ― Purvi Raniga
“At the strangest, Most unpredictable hour. This is how love is, An uncontrollable beast, In the form of a flower. The sun does not always shine on it. Nor does the rain always pour on it, Nor should it always get beaten by a storm.” ― Suzy Kassem
And there you have it! Our list of the best cherry blossom quotes and cherry blossom sayings and captions. We hope you found one that spoke to you.
You might also like our list of Best Tree Captions and Forest Quotes.
Let us know in the comments below if we missed a cherry blossom quote that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: