Our site includes affiliate links to products we recommend. If you use one to make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Spending time in nature can be awe inspiring. And nature photography lets you take those memories home with you. That perfect nature photo needs perfect nature photography captions. We have gathered all the best captions for nature photography into one place so all you need to do is pick the best one for your photo. So whether you are looking for captions for nature photos on Instagram or even one word captions for nature photography we have you covered.
We have even included quotes for nature photography for when someone else has said it best first.
We quit our jobs over 10 years ago and have been travelling ever since. Throughout that time we have made a point of getting outdoors and enjoying nature in every country we go to. But we have also found that being in nature can be such an amazing experience that it can be difficult to do it justice or fully capture that elusive feeling. So we found ourselves asking the question:
What do you caption a nature picture?
This list makes it easy to pick a caption for your nature photo. Whether you are looking for a quote to use as the best caption for nature photography or captions for Instagram and Facebook posts you will find it in this list.
If you like this list of captions for nature pics check out our lists of:
- Nature Captions, Short Nature Quotes and Nature Quotes
- Tree Captions, Forest Captions and Mountain Captions
- Lake Captions, River Captions and Sea Captions
Scroll on to find your favourite caption for a nature photo or jump ahead to the category that interests you most.
20 Best Quotes for Nature Photography
Find a quote about nature to use as the best caption for nature photography on this list of our 20 favourite nature photography quotes. It can take time and effort to get the perfect picture and describing it can be difficult. So why not let someone famous say it for you? After all, they have already provided many beautiful quotes for nature photography so why try to re-invent the wheel? Go ahead and pick the best quote to use as a quote on nature photography that suits your photo.
1. “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” – Marc Riboud
2. “Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer – and often the supreme disappointment.” – Ansel Adams
3. “Colors are the smiles of nature.”— Leigh Hunt
4. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Joy in looking and comprehending is nature’s most beautiful gift.” – Albert Einstein.
6. “The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.” — Claude Monet
7. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” — William Shakespeare
8. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” — Maxime Lagacé
9. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” — Maxime Lagacé
11. “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” — Katrina Mayer
12. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” — Isaac Newton
13. “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” — Zeno
14. “Choose only one master—nature.” — Rembrandt
15. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
16. “The Amen of nature is always a flower.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
17. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” —Lao Tzu
18. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” — Aristotle
19. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” — Gary Snyder
20. “Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.”— Standing Bear
Instagram Captions for Nature Photos
You may not want to use a quote as your Instagram captions for nature photography. If this is the case, we have gathered a list of the best nature photography captions for Instagram that aren’t quotes. Use any of these captions for photos of nature as a unique, funny or memorable caption for your next post that will help to make it stand out from the rest. You will definitely find the best nature photography captions for Instagram in this list!
21. Keep your love of nature, for that, is the true way to understand art more and more.
22. Looking deep into nature
23. Nature is painting for us, day after day, picture of infinite beauty
24. In nature, light creates the color. In the picture, color creates the light
25. To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles
26. Light in nature creates the movement of colors
27. The times I spend in nature are the some of the moments I feel most alive
28. In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous
29. Nature is my definition of beautiful
30. Nature – cheaper than therapy
31. Nature never goes out of style
32. Feeling good-natured
33. Lose yourself in nature and find peace
34. I am in love with nature
35. Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
36. Colors are the smiles of nature
Captions for Nature Photography
Here are a few more of our favorite captions for Nature photography.
37. Nature never goes out of style
38. Green is my favorite color of nature
39. Change yourself, not the nature!
40. Nature and silence go better together
41. Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’
42. If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
43. Letting nature take its course
44. According to mother nature…Green is a primary color
45. Nature is the closest place to Heaven on Earth
46. Mother Nature is my kind of girl
47. In the trees, in the breeze..seek nature’s peace and bliss
48. Nature is one of the greatest teachers
49. There is something of the marvelous in all things of nature
50. Nature itself is the best physician
51. Nature never stops amazing
52. Choose only one master – NATURE
53. Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature
54. Nature is not a place to visit – it is home
55. Nature is not on the internet.
56. The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you…you can feel it
One Word Captions for Nature Photography
Now its possible that even a short caption for nature photography is wordier than you are looking for. If this is the case, here is a list of great one word nature captions that will suit a variety of photos and experiences. Check out our list of One Word Captions and Two Word Captions.
Last Nature Photography Captions
If you like these nature photography captions you’ll like our specific lists of captions about nature including Lake Captions, River Captions, Tree Captions, Sea Captions, Mountain Captions, Sunshine Captions, Waterfall Captions, Funny Beach Captions, Flower Captions, Sunset Captions and Sunrise Captions.
Bloom where you are planted
The mountains are calling, I must go
I need some mountain time
Let’s escape into the forest
Let you free wander through the forest
Every forest has a different vibe
I feel most alive in the trees
Live in the sunshine
I find my happiness where the sun shines
Living the lake life
The lake is my happy place
The lake is calling. I must go.
Day dreams of river streams
Listening to the river
On river time
Feeling comfort in the rythmn of the seas
Seas the day
Listening to waterfall music
Sorry TLC, I chased the waterfall
I’ve got waterfall vibes
Beautiful Nature Photography Quotes
For when you have captured the most amazing scenery you need a beautiful photography nature quote. Pick your favorite nature photography quotes here.
“Nature is my springboard. From her, I get my initial impetus. I have tried to relate the visible drama of mountains, trees, and bleached fields with the fantasy of wind blowing and changing colors and forms.” — Milton Avery
“Mountains make me believe that nothing can be bigger than nature, not even human ego.” — Jay Kumar Singh
“Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she achieves her work.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.” — William Hazlitt
“When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” — John Lennon
“Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” — Khalil Gibran
“Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.” — John Lubbock
“Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” — John Muir
“You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters.” — St. Bernard
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” — Rachel Carson
“I love to sit on a mountain top and gaze. I don’t think of anything but the people I care about and the view.” — Julian Lennon
“And we will meet in the woods far far away from this hustle and bustle… and share love and sunshine.” — Avijeet Das
“I love the outdoors and looking at snakes, squirrels, bugs – just going through the woods and being part of it. You can smell the different trees. And I listen. There’s so much you can learn by listening, by sitting and watching things happen.” — Boo Weekley
“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature.” — Anne Frank
“I love the fact that we are surrounded by this spectacular natural beauty that routinely strikes us dead. Hikers walk off into the woods and are never seen again. And still we tug on our fleece and skip off into the wilderness, not a care in the world.” — Chelsea Cain
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” ― John Muir
And there you have it! Our list of the best quotes and captions for nature photos. You can use them for inspiration or for your next Instagram post.
We hope you found the best caption for nature photography for you.
If you are like us, you like to get close to nature while walking or on a hike. That is when we can unwind and focus only on the beauty around us and get the best photos. If this sounds familiar, you might want to check out our list of the best quotes about hiking, best hiking captions for Instagram or 75 favourite trekking quotes.
Let us know in the comments below if we missed any hiking photo captions that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: