Our site includes affiliate links to products we recommend. If you use one to make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
So you’ve had an amazing time experiencing nature and have taken some equally amazing pictures and now want to share your photo. We have scoured the internet for the best captions about nature that answer the question of ‘What do you caption a nature photo?’. In this list you will find the best captions about nature including short nature captions, captions on beauty of nature, funny nature captions, nature captions for Instagram, cute captions about nature, funny nature captions, nature puns, and inspirational captions on nature.
We have been travelling the world for over a decade and make a point of spending as much time in nature as possible. We love to spend time in nature, either by hiking or just relaxing and letting the sounds, smells and views wash over us. We have paired our favorite captions for nature with our favorite nature photos from our time exploring.
Scroll through this list and find the caption for your nature photo that best explains it. Your followers will love these relatable, funny and inspirational captions on your nature posts.
Here are some of our favorite nature captions.
- Don’t just visit nature. Make it home.
- Mother nature has the best box of crayons
- Colors of nature
- Slow down to the pace of nature
- I am a…. Tree hugging, flower sniffing, nature lover
- Keep close to nature’s heart
- You are never alone when you are connected with nature
- Listening to nature
- At peace in nature
Nature Captions for Instagram
These captions for nature photos are the best of the bunch for Instagram. So, if you are looking for a nature caption for Insta look no further. These Instagram captions about nature range from thought provoking to short and sweet and will illustrate your nature post perfectly.
- See the wonder of nature around you
- Stop. Look. Listen. Breathe
- Surround yourself with nature
- Never spend too much time away from nature
- Nature amazes at every turn
- Listen and delight in the soulful sounds of nature
- I live to explore nature
- Nature is my teacher, guru, and God
- Stop. Sit. Watch. Be still. Never rush through nature.
- Wild, free, and unfazed by everyday concerns
- Nature beckons and I must listen
- Nature never ceases to amaze me
- To be at one with nature is to be content with life
- Wandering with the wild things
- The best view comes after the hardest climb
- Nature’s the best teacher
- Wandering without a cause or care
- It’s always worth taking the scenic route
- Immersing yourself in nature is enough to make anybody believe in the divine
Cute Captions About Nature
We love these cute captions about nature. Check out our list of Cute Captions.
- Breath in the wild air
- Let your heart be your compass
- Go where you feel most alive
- More adventure, less worry
- Go with the flow of nature
- Keep close to nature’s heart
- Find me where the wild things are
- Never stop exploring
- If you need me, I’ll be outside
- Roam far & wander wide
- Sit outdoors and really listen
- Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
- Sky above, earth below, peace within
- Green vibes only
- Find your wild
Check out these nature puns which make great captions for nature.
- All you seed is love
- The view is blossom
- Go against the green
- There’s snow place like this
If you like this caption check out our list of Perfect Snow Captions
- Try branching out
- You are fernfastic
- Take a peak around
- This river is too mainstream
- Plants are my soil mates
- Take it or leaf it
- May the forest be with you!
- Best ferns forever
- Dew you love morning walks in the woods?
25 Short Nature Quotes for Instagram
If you like these short nature Instagram quotes check out our list of Short Nature Quotes, Nature Quotes and Short Quotes. If you like quotes about nature check out our lists of Lake Quotes, Short Sunset Quotes, Short Mountain Quotes, River Quotes, Sunrise Quotes, and Forest Quotes.
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
2. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” — John Burroughs
4. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Turns out the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.”
6. “Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians.” – Chinese Proverb
7. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
8. “I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored.” — David Attenborough
9. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” – John Keats
10. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
If you like this quote head to our list of John Muir Quotes for more.
11. “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” — Buddha
12. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
13. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
14. “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.” – Brooke Hampton
15. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
16. “I now walk into the wild.” – Jon Krakauer
17. “The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” — Natalie Angier
18. “The earth is what we all have in common.” — Wendell Berry
19. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” — Aristotle
20. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” — Gary Snyder
21. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
22. “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” — Henry David Thoreau
23. “Choose only one master—nature.” — Rembrandt
24. “The Amen of nature is always a flower.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
25. “Men argue. Nature acts.” — Voltaire
Short Nature Instagram Captions
You might be looking for a list of the short Instagram captions for nature. This list covers the best of the short captions about nature. Captions don’t have to be lengthy and involved to get attention. Sometimes being short and to the point works best for a Insta caption for nature.
- Nature transcends all
- Green is my favorite color of nature
- Keeping it natural
- Beauty in abundance
- I’m lost in nature
- Nature is home
- Adventures in nature
- I’ll be in nature
- Go where you feel most alive
- Beautiful things don’t ask for attention
- Nature – cheaper than therapy
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
Very Short Captions About Nature
Check out these Short Nature Captions. Check out our list of Short Captions.
- Feeling wild
- Wander the wilderness
- Loving the outdoors
- Feeling natural
- Never freer
- Surrounded by greenery
- Never lost
- Exploring nature
15 Quotes and Captions on Beauty of Nature
Sometimes the beauty of nature is so overwhelming that you wonder – what can you say about beautiful nature? These captions for nature’s beauty will help you express what you experienced. Scroll through and pick one of these beautiful nature captions.
- “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
2. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” — Rachel Carson
3. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval.
4. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” — Sylvia Plath
6. “All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” — Marie Curie
7. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.” — Louie Schwartzberg
9. “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” — D. H. Lawrence
10. “The earth has music for those who listen.” — William Shakespeare
11. “Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.” — Standing Bear
12. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” — Langston Hughes
13. “When a lake’s doubt is shown as ripples, sunshine rays are flown to the hills.” – Ankush Agarwal
14. “Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.” – Henry David Thoreau
15. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” — Amit Ray
Nature Captions for Photos
You may be searching for captions for photos of nature. Here is a list of the best nature photo captions we could find that answer the question of ‘What do you caption a nature picture?’.
- “Feeling good-natured”
- “Camping hair, don’t care”
- “Letting nature take its course”
- “Planting myself here for a while”
- “Heading for the hills”
- “Tree-t yo’self”
- “The birds and the bees “
- “Free falling”
- “Trails before ales, pines before wines”
Captions for Nature Photography
These are our favourite nature photography captions from our longer list of the best captions for nature photography. It can take time and effort to get the perfect picture. So take the time to pick the best caption for nature photography that suits your photo.
- “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” – Marc Riboud
- “Keep your love of nature, for that, is the true way to understand art more and more.”
- “Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer – and often the supreme disappointment.” – Ansel Adams
- “Colors are the smiles of nature.”— Leigh Hunt
- “The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.” — Claude Monet
- “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” — William Shakespeare
- “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” — Maxime Lagacé
- “Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things.” — Lao Tzu
- “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” — Katrina Mayer
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” — Isaac Newton
- “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” — Zeno
Last Captions for Nature
If you like these quotes for nature you’ll like our specific lists including Lake Captions, River Captions, Tree Captions, Sea Captions, Mountain Captions, Sunshine Captions, Waterfall Captions, Funny Beach Captions, Flower Captions, Sunset Captions and Sunrise Captions.
- Bloom where you are planted
- The mountains are calling, I must go
- I need some mountain time
- Let’s escape into the forest
- Let you free wander through the forest
- Every forest has a different vibe
- I feel most alive in the trees
- Live in the sunshine
- I find my happiness where the sun shines
- Living the lake life
- The lake is my happy place
- The lake is calling. I must go.
- Day dreams of river streams
- Listening to the river
- On river time
- Feeling comfort in the rythmn of the seas
- Seas the day
- Listening to waterfall music
- Sorry TLC, I chased the waterfall
- I’ve got waterfall vibes
Hiking in Nature Captions
- Hiking hair, don’t care
- There’s no such thing as ‘too much fresh air’
- Needed a change of altitude
- Hiking – the only activity that completely empties my brain
- May the forest be with you
- I feel big until I get to the mountains
- This difficult road better lead to a beautiful place
- On a date with mountains
- Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they’re less mainstream
- Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak
- Always taking the scenic route
- These views are beautifl as far as teh eye canyon see
- Walk more; worry less
- A walk in the woods sometimes means getting lost
- Life is full of ups and downs. Walk on the right path.
- Walk more, live longer.
- Walking in sunshine
- Barefoot. Mindful. Open. Connecting with the earth.
Nature View Captions
You will love these nature view captions and nature vibe captions.
- “Land really is the best art.” — Andy Warhol
- “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “God is discovered entirely through creation – the brilliance of a sunset, the powerful roar of a waterfall, the symphony of sounds you hear in the heart of the forest, or the vastness of space and its countless stars.” – Benjamin Sullivan
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” — Lao Tzu
- “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
- “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.” – Janice Anderson
- “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” — Alex Trebek
- “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” — Gretel Ehrlich
- Sometimes a funny nature caption for Instagram is the way to go. We found the best and funniest nature insta captions and included a pun or two. Because, why not?
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” — Robin Williams
- “The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” — E. E. Cummings
- “Beautiful things don’t ask for attention.” – James Thurber
Inspirational Quotes About Nature for Captions
You might be looking for a caption on nature that will inspire your audience or be thought provoking. Each of these nature quotes will make you stop and think. If you like inspirational quotes check out our lists of Short Inspirational Quotes, Inspirational Morning Quotes, Inspirational Quotes for Today, Funny Inspirational Quotes and Inspirational Quotes for Work.
- “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” — Native American proverb
- “Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. ” – Terence McKenna
- “If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans… When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man.” – Wilfrid Noyce
- “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” — Rachel Carson
- “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” — Galileo Galilei
- “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” — Blaise Pascal
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” — Steve Maraboldi
- “We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” — Albert Einstein
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” — Jimmy Carter
- “Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself.” — L. Wolfe Gilbert
- “I think nature’s imagination is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.” — Richard Feynman
- “Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.” — Michel de Montaigne
- “If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature’s way.” — Aristotle
- “Everything in nature is lyrical in its ideal essence, tragic in its fate, and comic in its existence.” — George Santanaya
- “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” — Joseph Campbell
- “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.” — Edmund Burke
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” — Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- “The world is not to be put in order. The world is order. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order.” — Henry Miller
- “Nature is just enough; but men and women must comprehend and accept her suggestions.” —Antoinette Brown Blackwell
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.” – John Lubbock
And there you have it! Our list of the best captions about nature. Hopefully you found it useful if you needed nature IG captions or were looking for a caption about nature for your photography. Let us know in the comments below if we missed any that should be added.
If you are like us, you like to get close to nature while walking or on a hike. That is when we can unwind and focus only on the beauty around us. If this sounds familiar, you might want to check out our list of the best quotes about hiking, funny hiking quotes or 75 favourite trekking quotes.
Pin it for Later!
Other Quotes Lists You May be Interested In: