Our site includes affiliate links to products we recommend. If you use one to make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Your time in the mountains is often amazing and almost certainly photogenic but then leaves you with the question – what should I caption a mountain picture? Well, whether you’re looking for a sweet and simple mountain Instagram caption or a longer inspiring mountain quote, this post has you covered. We gathered a list of the best mountain captions that includes the best mountain captions for Instagram, funny mountain captions, short Instagram captions for mountains, short mountain quotes for Instagram, inspirational mountain captions and captions for mountain views. Pick the mountain caption that works best for you!
We have been travelling the world for over 10 years and during that time we have spent a lot of time in the mountains so we have included some of our favourite mountain photos to go with our favourite mountain captions.
We also have a variety of lists of mountain quotes so if you are looking for quotes we also have lists for the following:
- Funny Mountain Captions
- Best Mountain Quotes
- Funny Mountain Quotes
- Quotes About Mountains and Clouds
- Mountain View Quotes
- Top of the Mountain Quotes
- Short Mountain Quotes
- Quotes About Climbing Mountains
Scroll on through to find your favourite mountain caption or jump ahead to the category that interests you most.
These are our favourite mountain captions.
- “The mountains are my happy place.”
- “I’m a mountain kind of person.”
- “If it involves mountains, breakfast food, coffee or campfires, I’m in.”
- “Never miss a moment in the mountains.”
- “Over the mountains and through the woods.”
- “Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.”
- “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’
- “Climbing my way to bigger and better things.”
Mountain Captions for Instagram
We think the following are the best choices for a caption about mountains for an Instagram post. These Instagram captions for mountains will help separate your post from all the other mountain photos out there and help to share the feeling of being in the mountains.
- Go where you feel most alive
- Life is short go to the mountains and never look back
- A little more altitude, a little less attitude
- I am just a mountain girl at heart
- On a date with mountains….
- Find joy in the journey
- The mountains are where I feel most at peace
- At the tippy top of the mountain
- All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees
- I think I’ve peaked
12 Short Mountain Quotes for Instagram
If you like these short mountain Instagram quotes check out our list of Short Mountain Quotes. Find your favorite short mountain quotes for Instagram now!
1. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
2. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” ― Barry Finlay
3. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
4. “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” – Aleksander Lwow
5. “It’s not the Mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
6. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” – Jeffrey Rasley
7. “Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery.” – John Ruskin
8. “I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life.” – Tenzing Norgay
9. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
10. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
11. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
12. “The mountains are a demanding, cold place, and they don’t allow for mistakes.” – Conrad Anker
Cute Captions for Mountain Views
Maybe you want your Instagram caption to focus on the amazing mountain view you just saw. If this is the case then peruse the following mountain view captions for Instagram. Each of these captions for mountain view photos are a good choice and you might also like our list of Cute Captions. Or if you are looking for more quotes here is our list of the best Mountain View Quotes.
- “This view makes that climb worth is.”
- “The best view is where the air is thin.”
- “Sky above earth below, peace within.”
- “Drinking in this mountain view.”
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top.”
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
- “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
- “Don’t climb mountains so that people can see you. Climb mountains that you can see the world.” – David McCullough
- “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.”
Short Instagram Captions for Mountains
Not all quotes and captions need to be long. Sometimes you are looking for something short and sweet for your caption for mountains post. If you like your captions short check out our list of Best Short Captions. We also have a list of Short Mountain Quotes that you may be interested in.
- “Made for the mountains.”
- “Go wild, for a while.”
- “Mountain hair, don’t care”
- “The world is quiet here.”
- “I need some mountain time.”
- “Life is a mountain, climb it.”
- “Reach your peaks.”
- “This is mountain living!”
- “This is what it is to be happy.”
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
- “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
- “How wild it was, to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
- “I now walk into the wild.” – Jon Krakauer
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
If you like this quote head to our list of John Muir Quotes for more.
- “I go to seek a great perhaps.” – John Green
- “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” – Michael Kennedy
Funny Instagram Captions About Mountains
A good choice can often be to pick a caption on mountains that is humorous. We found the best of the funny mountain Instagram captions for just that reason. Some of the quotes came from our more extensive list of Funny Mountain Quotes. You should also check out our list of Funny Captions and Short Funny Quotes.
- “I think I’ve peaked!”
- “This trail isn’t as flat as it looked on the map.”
- “There’s nothing but a fine line between ‘hell’ and ‘hill’.”
- “Life’s a mountain, not a beach.”
- “I forgot I would have to climb back down.”
- “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a lift pass.”
- “Sometimes you just need to change your altitude.”
- “The sun shines brightest from the peaks of mountains.”
- “In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” – Rusty Baille
- “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
- “Fresh air, don’t care.”
- “I can’t understand why men make all this fuss about Everest — it’s only a mountain.” – Junko Tabei, first woman to climb Everest
- “When preparing to climb a mountain – pack a light heart.” – Dan May
- “The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
- “In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” – Rusty Baille
Clever Captions on Mountains
These captions on mountains are perfect for that feeling you get being on a mountain. You might also like our list of Clever Captions.
- Sunrise on a mountain is my favourite colour
- Never more at peace than on a mountain
- My happiness is found on the mountains
- There is no wifi on a mountain, but I promise you will find a better connection
- Adventure awaits on mountains
- Life should have more mountains
- Life is better when you’re surrounded by your best friends on the mountains
- Up, up, and away in the mountains for a weekend
Inspirational Captions for Mountain Pictures
Another good choice for mountain picture captions is to pick something inspirational. A good caption for mountain photos can inspire others as well as getting them to stop and think for a moment. Some quotes are from our Inspirational Mountain Quotes list. You might also like our list of Short Inspirational Quotes.
- “Conquering this mountain one step at a time.”
- “Taking the first step to climb this mountain.”
- “She will move mountains.”
- “Everything is better in the mountains.”
- “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
- “Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.” – Michael Jordan
- “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
- “Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
You’ll love these mountain puns that work great for mountain picture captions. Find the maountin pun that will work best for your caption on mountains.
- A ghostly mountain is called a peak-a-boo
- The hiker hated the top of the mountain because it was all downhill from there!
- Adjust your altitude or walk away!
- Mountains are such great comedians, they are just hill areas
- The most dangerous mountain in the world, without a doubt, is Mount Kill-a-man-jaro!
- Mountains always seem to catch a cold because they constantly wear snow caps.
- These mountains and hills are always tired because they don’t Everest.
- How are you going to climb the peak if you don’t Everest.
- If you don’t know how far you have hiked just sum-mit it all up
- God only alps those who alp themselves.
- If you think you have peaked in life, find another mountain to scale.
- There’s snow place like the mountains!
- I am all a-boot that hiking life!
- A mountaineer hangs their clothes on a cliff-hanger!
- Steep calm and carry on.
- Don’t sweat the tall stuff.
- Actions peak louder than words
Mountain Hiking Captions
- Hiking hair, don’t care
- There’s no such thing as ‘too much fresh air’
- These boots were made for hikin’
- I feel big until I get to the mountains
- This hike really peaked my interest
- See those rocks? Don’t take ’em all for granite
- They told me to ‘take a hike’. So I did.
- Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill-areas
- Hike more, worry less
- This difficult road better lead to a beautiful place
- On a date with mountains
- I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
- When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and hike.
- So many trails, so little time
- Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak
And there you have our list of the best captions on mountains. Let us know in the comments if we missed any.
We think the best way to experience mountains is through hiking and trekking – we also have other lists of Rocky Mountain captions, hiking quotes, hiking captions for Instagram, climbing mountains quotes, funny hiking quotes, funny hiking captions and trekking quotes. Check them out!
Now get out there and enjoy your time in the mountains!
Pin it for Later!
Other Quotes Posts You May Like: