If you looking for funny hiking quotes you have come to the right place. We have gathered all the best funny quotes about hiking into one list to make it easy to find the perfect funny hiking saying. We also have some great choices of funny hiking quotes for Instagram to use as a caption for your next post for those times when you want to add some humor. We included some funny hiking jokes and funny walking quotes and sayings to cover all the bases.
We quit our jobs over 10 years ago and have been traveling ever since. During that time we make a point of getting outdoors and going for a hike in every country we go to, whether that is a short wander, a strenuous day hike or even a multi-day trek. And there have been many times that humor has helped us through a tough hike. So, we think that when it comes to hiking quotes funny ones are the best.
We also have other lists of quotes and captions on funny mountain quotes, mountain captions, hiking quotes, hiking captions for Instagram, climbing mountains and trekking. Check them out!
We have paired our favorite funny hiking nature quotes with our favorite hiking photos.
If you like funny quotes and sayings, you should also check out our lists of Funny Good Morning Quotes, Funny Love Quotes, Funny Work Quotes, Funny Quotes of the Day, Funny Quotes About Life and Funny Inspirational Quotes
So skip ahead to a category or scroll thorugh and find your favorite funny quote about hiking or funny walking quote.
Funny Hiking Quotes
Some of the best hiking quotes are the ones that include humor. So if you are looking to use hiking quotes funny ones might be the way to go. From funny hiking sayings to famous quotes to great hiking one-liners, this list has it all. Check out our list of Short Hiking Quotes too!
1. “Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” — Ellen DeGeneres
2. “Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria and general awesomeness.”
3. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
4. “I don’t get it. The trail looked so flat on the map.”
5. “You are as helpful as a blister on a hike.”
6. “Bring a compass. It’s awkward when you have to eat your friends.“
7. “When life gives you mountains, put those boots on and get hiking.”
8. “You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.” – Dr. Suess
9. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned from hiking, it’s that the early bird gets the face full of spider webs.”
10. “Not all classrooms have four walls.”
11. “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
12. “Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak.”
13. “Hiking is the only slightly less ugly stepsister of running.” – Lindy Hughes
14. “I just wanna kick in the woods with my birches.”
15. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
16. “Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.“
17. “To hike is to complain.” – Dean Johnston
18. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.”
20. “If the winter is too cold and the summer is too hot, you are not a hiker.”
21. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
22. “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” – Sam Cummings
23. “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course. Literally sh** myself lifeless.” – Bill Bryson
24. “Over the mountains & through the woods, down the river & up the valley, over the boulders & through the stream to nobody’s house I go.”
Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram
Sometimes you are looking for funny hiking quotes for Instagram to use as a caption on your next post. Here are our favorites that we think your followers will love. You might also like our list of Funny Short Quotes.
25. “I’d rather be hiking in the rain, than sitting inside at a desk on a sunny day.”
26. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
27. “Anywhere is ‘within walking distance.’”
28. “The closer you are to nature, the further you are from idiots.”
29. “The view up here is breathtaking, and I know it’s all downhill from here.”
30. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
31. “Happiness does have a smell.”
32. “I chose the road less traveled and now I don’t know where I am.”
33. “Hiking—much like drinking—is something that sounds more fun to the uninitiated than it actually is.” – Mindy McGinnis
34. “I hike to burn off the crazy.”
35. “Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.”
36. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
37. “It’s all fun and games until you hear a twig snap behind you.”
38. “Hiking makes me forget to check my phone.”
39. “Hiking’s not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.” – Sonja Yoerg
40. “I will go hiking here or there, I will go hiking everywhere.”
41. “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” — Diane Spicer
42. “Everyone needs someone who will call and say, ‘Get dressed. We’re going on an adventure.'”
43. “Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice… some girls are made of adventure and wine and all things fine.”
44. “I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” — G.M. Trevelyan
45. “Someone told me to ‘take a hike,’ so I did.”
46. “Always take the scenic route.”
47. “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” – Demetri Martin
48. “Trails are like that: you’re floating along in a Shakespearean Arden paradise and expect to see nymphs and flute boys, then suddenly you’re struggling in a hot broiling sun of hell in dust and nettles and poison oak…just like life.” – Jack Kerouac
49. “I have a therapist. Her name is hiking.”
50. “Fact: Hiking is actually just walking, only on dirt or rocks or other uneven surfaces. Or walking where an animal larger than you can kill and eat you.” – Brendon Leonard, Semi-Rad
51. “The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.”
52. “Hiking is the answer. Who cares what the question is.”
53. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
54. “A journey is best measure in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
55. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
Funny Trekking Quotes
These funny trekking quotes are perfect for those long multi day hikes. Head to our list of Trekking Quotes for more.
“Trekking means a travelling experience with a thrilling excitement.” – Amit Kalantri
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
“I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
“Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“It is the mountain that has been calling me, and it’s time to answer.” ― Susan Jagannath, Chasing Himalayan Dreams
“Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
“Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Nemann Buhl
“The long distance hiker, a breed set apart, from the likes of the usual pack. He’ll shoulder his gear, be hittin’ the trail; Long gone, long ‘fore he’ll be back.” – M.J. Eberhart
“Never quit on a bad day.” ― Ben Crawford, 2,000 Miles Together
“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
“Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
“The trail was designed to have no end, a wild place on which to be comfortably lost for as long as one desired.” – Ben Montgomery
“Ignore the outside voices telling you you’re doing it wrong; there is no “wrong.” But also watch out for wanting to fit in so badly that you start hiking someone else’s hike” ― Ben Crawford, 2,000 Miles Together
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
“When preparing to climb a mountain – pack a light heart.” – Dan May
“I would walk 500 miles.” – The Proclaimers
“Jumping from boulder to boulder and never falling, with a heavy pack, is easier than it sounds; you just can’t fall when you get into the rhythm of the dance.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
Funny Walking Quotes and Sayings
We love these funny walking quotes and sayings. You might like our full list of Walking Quotes and Captions. Check out our list of our Funny Sayings for more.
“If you are in a bad mood, go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood, go for another walk.” – Hippocrates
“Climbing to the top of the mountain is fun, but everything is just downhill from there.”
“I have the European urge to use my feet when a drive can be dispensed with.” – Vladimir Nabokov
“Did you know the actual difference between hill and hell is just a fine line?”
“I bought a new jacket for a hiking trip. It’s called a trail blazer.”
“The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” – Jacqueline Schiff
“Some people walk in the rain; others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
“Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
“There is no way in hill, I can finish this hike.”
“My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” – Ellen DeGeneres
“When asked about my hiking plan I answered “Let’s summit up”.”
“Until you walk a mile in another man’s moccasin, you can’t imagine the smell.” – Robert Byrne
“I’m gonna finish this hike come hill or high water.”
“The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.” – Werner Herzog
“My biggest fear about becoming a zombie is all the walking I’d have to do.”
“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
“This hike through the fall forest was unbe-leaf-able!”
“There was nowhere to go but everywhere.” – Jack Kerouac
“The hill looked a bit hard in the beginning, but I got over it.”
Funny Hiking Jokes
Here are some cheesy but funny hiking jokes.
Did you hear the story about the mountain? I couldn’t get over it.
Why did William work on making paths and trails? Because where there’s Will, there’s a way.
What did the guide say when he left the hikers on their own? May the forest be with you.
What do you do if the feet of the hiking robot breaks? You reboot it.
What is the catholic priest who loves hiking called? A Roamin’ Catholic.
What do you say when it gets too hot on a hilly hike? Hill out, we’re almost there!
Why are mountains so funny? Because they are hill areas.
Why did the queen’s husband go to the top of a mountain? Because he was the high king.
Which is the laziest mountain? Mount Ever rest.
Why did the boy throw the rock during the hike and not keep it as a souvenir? He was not sedimental.
Why do hipsters stick to backcountry rivers for hiking? Because they are less mainstream.
Funny Hiking Captions
These are our favourite funny hiking captions from our list of 40 Funny Hiking Captions to Add Some Humor to Your Hike. You might also like our lists of Hiking Captions, Walking Captions, Running Captions and Funny Captions.
This hike really peaked my interest
I feel big until I get to the mountains
Needed a change of altitude
Hike more, worry less
I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
The view up here is breathtaking, and I know it’s all downhill from here
Hiking is a hill of a lot of fun
Hiking hair, don’t care
DEET is nature’s cologne
These boots were made for hikin’
About half-way to somewhere
May the forest be with you
I feel big until I get to the mountains
And there you have it! Our list of the best funny hiking quotes and hiking sayings. We hope you found a funny outdoor quote that spoke to you.
We also have other lists of quotes and captions about nature including the sun, waterfalls, sunsets , forests, rivers, lakes, trees, mountains, the sea, sunshine and sunrise.
Let us know in the comments below if we missed any funny hiking photo captions that should be added.
Pin it for Later!
Other Posts About Quotes You May be Interested in: